norman's white wire motorized bicycle head light

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i got my headlight custom made by norman. and all i can say is nice job norman. i have the larger headlight i hooked up tonight. it is still middle of winter here and couldn't ride but had to check it out :D. i started my motorized bicycle and turned on the light and it lit my garage up like a candle. i was running 2 headlights both battery operated and this one light puts them to shame and don't have to worry about batteries. during the summer i use the motor bicycle to go back and forth to work and usually get off way after dark. this is a very nice addition to my bike and very pleased. if you want a motor bicycle headlight to run of your white wire i definately recommend it. thank you norman(^)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
well i finnally went out late last night to give the headlight a good test. it is bright and lights up the road ahead of you very nice. as i said i was running 2 battery operated headlights before and this is brighter then the 2 of them combined. i would easily compare it to a motorcycle headlight and extremly happy with it. again nice job norman :ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it is a 6 volt head light which is what the white wire that comes off your motorized bicycle is. as i said it is awesome. you need to start the bike with the light of and then i turn it on. i think it reduces your spark a little so the bicycle engine doesn't fire up real easy with it on. however once running i turn it on and loose no performance or anything thing else i just get a nicely lighted road in front of me for driving at night. the road i take home from work has no street lights at all and no problem with norman light. i even had the light give me heads up on a deer that was crossing because it lit up his eyes. i have a 70cc bicycle motor

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
But Paul, I thought the "experts" said his light don't work? I guess empirical testing is better than supposition.

...and yes, it's better if you-
1.) Start the bike and let it warm up before using the light.
2.) Use a good plug wire and cap, which more than makes up for the slightly reduced spark.

Rnroutlaw

Nov 15, 2008
Norwalk,Ohio
Hey all, I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering what ever became of the "Norman Light"? If it turned out to be a solid performing unit I would be interested in purchasing one. I am definately on the headlight search for the next couple weeks. Researching the net and this forum trying to find a bright enough light for riding late at night.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Hey all, I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering what ever became of the "Norman Light"? If it turned out to be a solid performing unit I would be interested in purchasing one. I am definately on the headlight search for the next couple weeks. Researching the net and this forum trying to find a bright enough light for riding late at night.
jump in on this thread here ------> http://motorbicycling.com/f23/lights-using-white-wire-really-work-236.html

Reactions: Crisco

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I still make the small light but have stoppped making the large light. If you are interested in one PM me.
Norman