No throttle control, kill switch no work!

GoldenMotor.com

domster66

Jun 18, 2012
San Diego
Hey so I just recently got my CNS V3 carb to finally work but the new problem is that when I start it, I just take off with no control of the throttle and I can't kill it with the kill switch because I'm not sure how to connect it. So I have to stop by holding the brakes, and wait until it shuts off (haven't adjusted idle yet)... So my kill switch has two wires running from it, A black wire and a red wire... Not sure where they go and HOW to attach them... Also any tips about the throttle? Thanks.

P.S.- It's 80cc if anyone's wondering. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you "take off with no control of the throttle", I wouldn't say thats "recently got my CNS V3 carb to finally work" ;).

Do you have the slide in backwards maybe?

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
best you line up the slot on the carb slide with the pin on the side of the slide bore.
its holding carb wide open.
why you would try starting the bike with a malfunctioning carb is beyond me.
i always make sure carb slide operates properly before starting.

it sounds to me like the kill switch is shorted.so it kills engine when connected.
need another switch.

domster66

Jun 18, 2012
San Diego
why you would try starting the bike with a malfunctioning carb is beyond me.
i always make sure carb slide operates properly before starting.
i kinda gotta try it out first... how would I just know it's not going to work if I haven't tried it? I'm not an expert on these things and I can't just open up a new carb and be like- "Oh they adjusted this wrong, oh and this isn't right either, derpelederpderp"....... So yeah. But I have found out that for some reason the thing that I supposedly thought as a choke that mounts on the right side of the handlebar next to the throttle is actually the throttle itself! And what is supposed to be the throttle is actually the choke(maybe they messed it up? Idk didn't come with instructions).Now isn't that something... So now it looks as if I have to adjust the new 'throttle', adjust the idle, and hook up the kill switch so I can kill it( So far I can just kill it by holding on the bike letting the clutch out slowly and it will die in a sec, since I haven't set up the idle). Then I'll just run into another problem!

domster66

Jun 18, 2012
San Diego
But anyways thanks peeps for the responses on my Q's but it has gotten a bit strange and confusing so I think this can be closed now.