No fuel in chamber

GoldenMotor.com

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
First time bike build. I put everything together correctly but I cant seem to get fuel into my chamber from my carburetor / intake.
I took off and am looking through the intake tube between the carb and the cylinder head. I can see my piston moving up and down as spin the wheel, but it wont go down low enough to open the intake port. I see the rings but not the top of the head. I took off the top cap and its bone dry. a mechanic buddy took a look and confirmed what I saw. Please help.

Feb 2, 2017
California
I think you might have gotten the wrong piston in there. These Chinese motors have 2 kinds where one has a longer stroke then the other, or different piston length, etc........ if you bought this secondhand, the previous owner might have put the wrong internals in it when he tried to rebuild.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
piston opens intake port at the bottom, not the top

note on 2-stroke: fuel goes from carb to bottom of case before being blown up thru side transfer ports to firing chamber

read more, esp. fuel getting into carb

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Start at the beginning. Pull off the gas line, open the shut-off valve and check for a steady trickle of gas. Without the airfilter, use your palm to choke it as you pedal a short ways, there should be a bunch of gas evident in the carb. If not, pull the carb, off with the float bowl and check the valve needle and float. If they look good, maybe the main jet has a clog.
If you have compression, it will suck some gas up in there.
It should be an easy fix, don't worry.