NJ law?

GoldenMotor.com

hotrodseanxx

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
Does anyone know the law in Jersey for these things? I'm just curious plan on riding one way or another anyways. Just want to know if i should be watching my back rotfl

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looks pretty good to me. The only thing I'd change is I'd make it where if you're over 21 you could ride without a skid lid, but it's not a deal breaker.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I'm confused about something...
A "motorized bicycle" is not considered a "motor vehicle", yet you need a (moped) license to ride one?
Isn't that contradictory?
Or is there some statute I'm unaware of?
(I'm thinking of doing a dual residency between NJ and FL.)

Last edited:

marluzkat

Apr 10, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah me too does this mean I need to get a Moped license? I am about to get a one of these bikes, but if I have to register this to Motor vic then I don't want to waste my time and money. Let me know please....

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Its not looking good here,,
I called DMV they said the bike would have to be titled to be registered,,it would need a specialty title requiring a state inspection,so it would need horn,lights,everything a MC has,,plus they could reject it.Also would need a orgin # from motor and or bike,,bunch of BS,,NJ took the wind right out of my sails,,guess I will still build my first motorized bicycle and bring it over to PA to ride up in the woods by Mom & Dads,,then just sell it :(