New white felt build... 40 or bust

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
Hey all,
I took a few years hiatus from the bike game. I just got the itch again. heres a recap... https://motorbicycling.com/threads/schwinn-high-timber-hi-speed-build.44125/
this was my first build
then i built another bike a diamondback sorrento frame
then i found a 20" muscle bike. i used freds heads eventually on all my builds and my final iterations were a wheelie bike tuned for low end with a wheelie bar on the back and a fairing bike with a big shimano saint hydraulic disc brake and a ebay fairing.
when i moved back to my hometown i lost shop access and budget to keep building my dream bike so after having it in storage i finally parted it out and sold it all.
well now im back with a felt frame(no gas tank) and a stock motor kit
I bought triple tree chopper style forks and a snake pipe. I think i was a bit pre-emptive though because as i look at the new builds and even looking at arrow motorized bicycles website, it seems everyone has moved on from that and are doing big things with minerelli cylinders chain saw cylinders and big pipes. I too want to evolve from the stock set up quickly as my last bike would easily turn 8000 rpm and go into the 40s gracefully. even my first kit went 28--30 right out of the box with poor assembly.
having trouble getting good pictures but ill post them soon.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Welcome back to the motor biking game, I just came back and Im getting back into it myself, still have all my bikes good and bad, they've just been sitting inside shed for a few years and need to clean a couple of them up, replace engine and parts on a couple and also get last started build finished for its maiden run to see if all the time I put into it was wasted or not..lol

Fixing to build my wife a good bike before working on mine again, she wants one now so, my bikes are on hold until I get hers done.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Honestly, bad relationship, to many irons in the fire, divorce, work, blah blah blah... got in my way...

But, other than the nitty BS going on in the world right now, I pretty much got the other crap out of the way, wonderful new wifey and BEST FRIEND to share life and hobbies with who is game for all of it... so although Im still very busy in life Im gonna find as much time as I can to enjoy this great hobby again and do it with my partner instead of always fusing with a partner about all of it who always thought it was stupid and a waste of time..

turning the page on all that mess has given me ambition again to be able tp enjoy a simple fun hobby like tinkering with these mottorized bikes.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Honestly, bad relationship, to many irons in the fire, divorce, work, blah blah blah... got in my way...

But, other than the nitty BS going on in the world right now, I pretty much got the other crap out of the way, wonderful new wifey and BEST FRIEND to share life and hobbies with who is game for all of it... so although Im still very busy in life Im gonna find as much time as I can to enjoy this great hobby again and do it with my partner instead of always fusing with a partner about all of it who always thought it was stupid and a waste of time..

turning the page on all that mess has given me ambition again to be able tp enjoy a simple fun hobby like tinkering with these mottorized bikes.
Yeah, well, you should always try find time for a good ride, it can really calm your nerves out on the open road on your little bike.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
Never updated on this build but got to a stopping point for a year. I ended up buying a 440 hybrid saw motor from ken Hinson and a Oko 28mm carb. I put the snake style expansion chamber and played around but never really got it running smooth. The intake doesn’t like to stay on after a while it pops off . But it goes 38-45. I think when I was building it I was making too many compromises and the time i spent on my first three bikes says a lot for the ride ability.
Anyway when I had finished this build I rode it a couple times and the. Had my first high speed wreck that sidelined me for several months and left me with nervousness/ptsd I never experienced on bikes before. Even going fast on my road bike pedaling over 39 was challenging. I’m slowly getting used to the speed again and I’m even helping a friend build a stock ripper right now. Got plans to make a gokart with the gas bike engine to test tuning

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy