New to motorized bicycle. Already dont like the Cns!

GoldenMotor.com

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
Whats up people? I just picked up a grubee skyhawk 66cc kit last week.
The guy that sold it to me said I was lucky. Because the kit came with a racing carb.

He said just remove the vent tube and leave it off. This seemed a little odd. I do own pocket bikes. So I have a good grasp on how 2strokes work. But this thing is a pile.

The only place this carb is racing is to the trash. Ive tried to adjust the idle mixture. Nothing. Tried adjusting the floats nothing. Looked for jets every where nothing.

Everthing I've read on these carbs is bad. Should I just get a new carb? Is there anyone thats gotten one to work? If so will you be willing to share you info? Ive read alot of posts most of witch seem to turn into arguments.

I have a few questions about a few things. I need to do more research before I ask them.

Bmonette8385

Mar 11, 2011
Orange County, CA
Re: New to MB. Already dont like the Cns!

This carb is my first experience. For me it works. It only gets me moving probably 20-25 mph, but I'm cool with that. I don't think it works as well as its hyped up to be. But there are plenty of threads regarding this. do a search and you will get a ton of info. btw the "vent" tube your talking about, I plugged mine with little plastic caps from autozone. I think it runs better with it plugged than off. But that just me. I'm not sure if it will hurt my motor, but as long as it works for the rest of the summer, I'm OK with that. Good luck buddy.