New project officially underway

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I was going to leave her just a little ratty, so she looks like she's been driven, I don't want her looking all new and pretty, that's not my style lol.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Nah, the ratty look is supposed to be from "honor mileage", not out of the box. A true Rat just hasn't been touched up :p She'll show in a couple of months how much you ride'r

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Well, looks like I'm looking at end of March to mid April to finish this build. My wife filed our income taxes today, but because she is a student, we won't be getting them back right away. Unfortunately, the IRS is not processing returns with school credits till mid February. It will take a couple of weeks for the return to come through, then probably another couple weeks till all my parts are delivered. But the good news is, we are getting what we thought we would, so most of the money I still need will come out of our tax return. The rest will come out of my paychecks, which isn't a problem. I have a parts list, and have marked the items to come out of the tax return with a #. The items not marked will probably all be purchased before we even get our return.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Well, it's not much of an update, but its all I've got lol. Yesterday I picked up these: http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/pts/3596107273.html Today I picked up the 2 7.2v nicads I'll be using for my headlight. I went to have my rear wheel trued, but it would've cost more money than I had at the time, so its gonna have to wait a little while.
BBB your bike is seriously starting to look effin' awesome!!! The motorcycle forks look like they belong there. Money's always a limiting factor. I've come to the point in my project where it just needs some money thrown at it ($300 at least) which is hard to come by until I find a job.. those unemployment checks don't leave room for advancement.

As far as crank arms being in the way.. you can run a wide BB from SBP.. but then you might have to run a jackshaft. After doing some research I've found that SBP has the cheapest old-school-schwinn-BB to cartridge BB adapter, at $12, and also has different wide cartridge BB's, including one that is offset more on one side and standard on the other.

Best of luck, I can't wait to see how this build turns out!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
BBB your bike is seriously starting to look effin' awesome!!! The motorcycle forks look like they belong there. Money's always a limiting factor. I've come to the point in my project where it just needs some money thrown at it ($300 at least) which is hard to come by until I find a job.. those unemployment checks don't leave room for advancement.

As far as crank arms being in the way.. you can run a wide BB from SBP.. but then you might have to run a jackshaft. After doing some research I've found that SBP has the cheapest old-school-schwinn-BB to cartridge BB adapter, at $12, and also has different wide cartridge BB's, including one that is offset more on one side and standard on the other.

Best of luck, I can't wait to see how this build turns out!
I have a wide one piece crank, and its still not wide enough. I'm gonna buy a map torch and heat and bend them.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Bean I checked the tracking number and it did not show, I dont know what is going on. Check out the attached pic:
CCC, I figured it out. I looked at the picture of the receipt and I realized that in the pm you sent, one of the numbers you thought was an 8 was actually a 5 lol. Its all good, people make mistakes sometimes lol.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Almost got my throttle working. I got the throttle linkage hooked up and working good, but the throttle grip sticks in the housing. I'm gonna work on it some more tomorrow. I think if I take a dremel and shave a few mm off the throttle cam it shouldn't stick anymore.