New Motorist in Arizona

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tmaxon, May 15, 2013.

1. tmaxon

tmaxon New Member

My name is Tyler and I recently had a motor installed on a Micargi beach Cruiser. I had my first Moped when I was 12 and owned 2 before the age of 15 (One was actually an Indian). I bought my first Motorcycle when I was 16 and have enjoyed riding my entire life. I am 32 now and have always wanted to get a Moped again. I made the choice to install a motor on one of my beach cruisers and I couldn't be happier. I constantly find back ways and trails to explore and my friends and family get a good laugh when I show up after traveling several miles. I believe this hobby will become a true passion for me. I hope to get to know some other enthusiasts and learn some tips. I have had my bike for 3 months and I am already planning my own build.

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member

Greetings and Welcome
    always on the look out for a riding partner, hate riding alone!
    and might I suggest a harbor freight 79cc and an ezmmotor tranny
    for your next build. I'm building mine right now. while riding my 2 stroke

http://www.harborfreight.com/engine...cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-69733.html

http://ezmotorbike.com/?wpsc-product=complete-q-matic-motorbike-drive

a lot of members are going that way:)

3. tmaxon

tmaxon New Member

Thank you for the advise. I have been riding mainly in Gilbert and Chandler. Are there a lot of people that ride in AZ? I'm assuming this is where you are from as well.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member

I'm out in AJ about 10 miles from you? signal butte and apache trail
    I know azbill is from fountain hills and there are one or two riders in
    Phoenix but I don't see to many out here!

Can you fab or are you looking for a kit?

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome from FH :)

I am always looking for a riding partner as well, if you ever get out this way ;)

6. tmaxon

tmaxon New Member

I'll bet Fountain Hills is great to ride. I could definitely see myself loading up the bike on the rack and headed that way sometime.

7. tmaxon

tmaxon New Member

I'm new to the hobby so my skills are pretty limited. So no fab work as of now.

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member

Well I'm a 20+ year machinist retired and I have a small amount of gear, drill press mill, welder, hand tools, If you need a hand let me know?
    always willing to help

9. paul

paul Active Member

welcome tmaxon. we have a lot of members on the forum from the Arizona with a lot of skill with motorized bicycles. nice desert rat lives near ya. he knows his stuff and not afraid to share it. hope to be hearing about your ride. w

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member

Thank you Paul I appreciate the kind words ,and I must say this forum of yours
    has taught me a LOT fortunately I love to read and to learn, keeps me young!
    and although I do have the Machinist background as well as working on
    motorcycles and cars/trucks most my life, I must say that these little motors
    are in a class by themselves and are really fun, not only to ride but to sharpen
    new skills myself.

11. paul

paul Active Member

thats why i made the forum. you are a prime example of what its about. helping each other and learning and of course making new friends. for me these motorized bicycles are the fountain of youth. i can ride for a long ways and up the big hills like when i was young and strong. i ride pretty much every day

12. tmaxon

tmaxon New Member

Thanky you Paul and Desert Rat. I'm currently enjoying the bike I have, but it won't be long until I'm buying a new one to build myself. I am thinking that I would like to get nice bike with suspension Maybe a Gaint comfort bike? Do you guys have a suggestion? Also, do you think there is a benefit to getting a bigger engine like 80cc? I have a 68cc right now.

13. paul

paul Active Member

i ride electric bicycles and love the trek pure which is just like the electra townie bicycles. worth taking one for a test ride. not sure how old you are but this old man dosn't like leaning over a mountain bike for very many miles. i can ride the townie all day
    [​IMG]

14. tmaxon

tmaxon New Member

That bike looks amazing at comfortable. Thank you for the suggestion. I'm putting this bike at the top of my list.

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member