New member new bike kit old bike

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Hi all,
I just wanted to say this is all new to me. Although I'm a motorcycle mechanic/painter. I had an old bike sitting around and found these kits on line that were affordable. So I put one together last week.
My truck gets 9 mph, My motorcycle gets 38 mpg, And this gets ??? but I use a combo of the motorcycle and bike to go to work.
I'm semi retired and broke and only work 3 days a week so this is a great rider and fun also. (plus a lot cheaper than the motorcycle)

I added a crude choke cable

Made my own strong tensioner

A really crude choke lever

I tried to make smaller pics, but I'm not familiar with photobucket
I just wanted to get it running to use it. It'll take a lot of tinkering when I'm not playing with the motorcycle.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
For pictures in the future, just scroll down after you click the "reply" sprocket, and then click "manage attatchments" and load you pics that way.

BTW- I like the addition of the choke cable and the mucho-industrial tensioner...now replace the original wheel with a skateboard wheel and it will be indestructable.

amealnet

Sep 19, 2008
hi old biker, iam buying a kit for my bike any suggestions for installation i should look for?

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Nice, looks like a good solid "install". Great looking chain tensioner, that chain may be the most dangerous mechanical element on these things, looks like you made it WAYYyyyyyyyyy better.. I like that the engine fits the frame exactly as intended without jury rigging the mounts.... enjoy the ride..

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
hi old biker, iam buying a kit for my bike any suggestions for installation i should look for?
All these kits looked about the same to me and seemed to be updated about the same. I just looked for the least expensive.
I can see there are different ones: 4 cycle, rear mount, etc. but all those cost much more.
Not knowing anything about these, I was lucky that they engineered the mounting and the sprocket so the pedals clear the engine and the chain lines up.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Nice, looks like a good solid "install". Great looking chain tensioner, that chain may be the most dangerous mechanical element on these things, looks like you made it WAYYyyyyyyyyy better.. I like that the engine fits the frame exactly as intended without jury rigging the mounts.... enjoy the ride..
Thanks, I needed to twist the engine forward a little to clear my front derailer and was ready to make a new front mount, but it just fit.
I needed to come up with a better tensioner as the frame leg was just too small to hold the kit one. I might make a nicer one when I have the time and ambition.