New guy on the block! From Central Coast with questions!

GoldenMotor.com

5150Motobiker

Nov 29, 2012
Grover Beach
Just thought id get as much info as i can! I plan on building my bike up pretty fast. I have a 66cc Skyhawk motor on a black beach cruiser. Everythings black on black except the engine itself. I plan on blackin that out, and putting billet accessories on it to dress it up.
Id like to throw a high performance carb and pipe on there. Any thoughts on that? If yes what adjustments would i need to do. Any help would be great. Thanks.
dance1

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
hey - welcome 5150!

You can get more air flow by drilling extra holes in the plastic air filter cover. I did that and so now I can say I have a high performance machine too...

After just assembling my first bike my suggestion would be to take your time, make sure you have plenty of cold beer stocked in the garage, a good radio and enjoy the process! It took me a full month of tinkering on the weekends to build my first bike and then get it right (not 3 hrs like the manual says).

The black on black cruiser will be SWEET. It's going to really look like an old fashioned motorcycle. I just purchased a black China girl on ebay to install on my next bike. (what am I going to do with all these bikes LOL - loan them to friends probably.. )

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Welcome to the Forum! I'd recommend a hub adapter/sprocket from one of the vendors like Pirate Cycles or Sportsman it will save the hassle of trying to align the one that comes with the kit and it will work much better with less of a chance on breaking spokes. As far as bolt on additions, I got an NT Speed carb and the expansion pipe and I didn't really have to do any adjustments etc.. I would recommend doing one thing at a time then riding as it will be easier to troubleshoot later on down the road if you have any issues come up. Good luck with your build and enjoy the ride!