Need help

GoldenMotor.com

Zetzio

Sep 10, 2021
Ok I just bought a 2 stroke motor got it all installed and everything. I hop on the bike get peddling and let go of the clutch it starts and goes but just dies out.... I'm so confused and starting to get aggravated please help

Reactions: fasteddy

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, are you using the choke? You’ll have to learn how much choke it needs, you may have to leave the choke closed slightly till the engine warms up. Us old guys that grew up with cars with carburetors know the routine.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Ok I just bought a 2 stroke motor got it all installed and everything. I hop on the bike get peddling and let go of the clutch it starts and goes but just dies out.... I'm so confused and starting to get aggravated please help
Welcome, you have to be moving in order for the engine to bump start. Letting the clutch go while you're trying to sell people stuff (peddling) won't start the engine. Now if you try pedaling the bike it'll move and it should bump start. Lol

Mossy

May 20, 2022
There's a handful of things to prep before it's going to take off... I would look to see what knotch the needle valve is and make sure everything is sealed with ultra grey permatex... Check the spark plug gap or replace it with an ngk... .025-.028 put a table spoon of 24/1 pre mix for breaking it in... Maxima Castor 927... I would also check the gap on the magneto with a dollar folded in half... See what happens... Then it's adjusting the clutch cable and flower nut... Light grease on the gears.... That's my pre launch countdown... Don't take anything for granted with these