Need help when suggestions on my 80cc motor bike motor

GoldenMotor.com

Biker Rich

Nov 27, 2018
I recently bought one of them cheap China engine kits no brand new name poor quality anyway and broken the engine correctly it seems to have started running a little better and then it felt like it was losing power so I took the baffle cap off to clean it and decided start it up she allowed it was taken for a ride to see if that helped with the power and it did little loud but I got a whole lot of power out of it so I cut the tube off the cap drove a couple holes in the end of it and scooted back on the stock pipe ticket for a ride you seem to have a a bog at high speed it starts out smooth and it starts the wind out and then it'll bog give it more gas and after a while to clear up anyway sound like it wasn't getting enough gas in the carburetor so I set the needle jet to see if that would help put a better spark plug in it did a little better but I still got the bog anyway I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on it but I want to upgrade at least the carburetor but I don't know what to run on it maybe someone out there could give me some advice or some ideas I'm somewhat mechanically inclined I and just new to the small engine 2 stroke stuff anybody can help I appreciate it I just threw this motor on a Roadmaster frame but I eventually want to build the chopper so I'm kind of experimenting with this motor in it the frame I'm running if anybody can help it'd be greatly appreciated

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The stock carbs actually work very well once you have them jetted correctly for your engine setup... I don't recommend buying a different carb because they don't work any better than stock (& you're gonna have to jet it too).

First of all, keep breaking in the engine before re-jetting the carb because its gonna keep running better & better the more it breaks in (& you might not have to re-jet after all).

With a 'bone stock' engine, usually you would have to switch to one size smaller jet to make it run perfect, but because you hogged out the exhaust you might find that a size larger might do the trick.... Try both after break in!

There are a couple of companies who advertise here who sell jet kits for the stock NT carbs.

Biker Rich

Nov 27, 2018
The stock carbs actually work very well once you have them jetted correctly for your engine setup... I don't recommend buying a different carb because they don't work any better than stock (& you're gonna have to jet it too).

First of all, keep breaking in the engine before re-jetting the carb because its gonna keep running better & better the more it breaks in (& you might not have to re-jet after all).

With a 'bone stock' engine, usually you would have to switch to one size smaller jet to make it run perfect, but because you hogged out the exhaust you might find that a size larger might do the trick.... Try both after break in!

There are a couple of companies who advertise here who sell jet kits for the stock NT carbs.
, hi hey thanks for answering your advice is greatly appreciated maybe I should go into a little bit more detail I didn't quite gut the exhaust pipe I left part of it in there but at about 20 miles an hour or so engine starts the wind out and then I get a bog when the throttle was fully open it kind of feels like it's not getting enough fuel pretty sure the engines broke in I run about six tanks of fuel at 16 to 1 mix and one tank of 20 to 1 and I'm on my second tank of 32 to 1 mix everything seems to be running fine except for the bog I use it everyday go to work now live in a small town the only traveling about a mile at a time

Austin Arnett

Jan 13, 2019
Hi sorry but I don’t know how to start a new forum and I need help getting my 80cc Seutek engine started, I bought it last year and it ran perfect. After about two months of use I put it into my garage where it had been sitting for a year, I’ve recently been trying to start it and had no luck. It has spark and the spark plug smells like gas so I know it’s getting gas. I’ve tried turning it over for about 40 mins and it wouldnt even fire, I only got a few pops here an there. I also notice that a black liquid is dripping out of my exhaust, could my engine be flooding or does it have another problem? I am pretty new to these bikes and would appreciate any help, thanks.