Need assistance with some a motorized commute.

GoldenMotor.com

josephusflav

Mar 1, 2022
So I live a lifestyle where I can use a pedal bike as my main mode of transport.

However, my brazillian jiu jitsu school is about to move to a location thats 1hr away by pedal power.

I have a car but I dont want to put miles on it.

I have two bikes, one poo tier walmart bike and one 550$ road bike.

Neither will accommodate a the 4 stroke motor according to the instructions on this video

So I am considering a two stroke motor. However I have been told to only run them for 30 minutes and am unsure about climbing hills.

I the distance is 8 miles away, with large hills.

A two stroke motor that moved me at 15 miles per hour would get me there in 30.

This trip is made 2-3 times a day.

Should I be able to do this without murdering my engine?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The 80cc 2-srokes can be ridden all day long without any over heating issues... Just try to keep the bike moving so there's air moving across the engine to keep it cool.

These little 2-strokes will also do about 35 MPH right out of the box.

I personally use 32:1 gas/oil mix right out of the gate for break in.... Get on it & ride it like you stole it for about 20 minutes to break it in. (^)

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me Venice Motor Bikes, are you describing the China Raw motors or all 2 strokes in general? Was I missing something in the way I was tuning the stock engine?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
So I live a lifestyle where I can use a pedal bike as my main mode of transport.

However, my brazillian jiu jitsu school is about to move to a location thats 1hr away by pedal power.

I have a car but I dont want to put miles on it.

I have two bikes, one poo tier walmart bike and one 550$ road bike.

Neither will accommodate a the 4 stroke motor according to the instructions on this video

So I am considering a two stroke motor. However I have been told to only run them for 30 minutes and am unsure about climbing hills.

I the distance is 8 miles away, with large hills.

A two stroke motor that moved me at 15 miles per hour would get me there in 30.

This trip is made 2-3 times a day.

Should I be able to do this without murdering my engine?
I've no idea what a poo tier Walmart is. I will say at $550 the road bike is an entry level at best. Road bikes generally aren't good candidates for gas engines.

Here's my favorite training videos I like to share with new members. Be sure to watch all 3 videos. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.

josephusflav

Mar 1, 2022
I've no idea what a poo tier Walmart is. I will say at $550 the road bike is an entry level at best. Road bikes generally aren't good candidates for gas engines.

Here's my favorite training videos I like to share with new members. Be sure to watch all 3 videos. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.

My walmart bike is this, I dont know what my road bike is

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That bike will work, I suggest you remove or re-brace the fenders, pack the bearings on both wheels and go for it. I have a Cranbrook from there that has had a engine on it for 10 years, I replaced the rear hub with a shimano because the guy that installed the sprocket got the bearings too tight. I add a front side pull BMX brake to every coaster brake bike I build, 96mm reach worked on the cranbrook.

Last edited: