Name that problem!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I thought I would post this since I suspect many of you have or will experience this problem and if you read it here you may not have to go through what I did today.

I left work in my usual end of the day rush to get home and was cruising along nicely. Somewhere about 1/4 mile into the run I lost my high end. If I just putted along at 10 to 12 mph it was OK but if I tried to twist the throttle a bit it would cough and sputter producing no power at all. I managed to limp home and once I got off to look found and repaired the problem almost immediately. So name that problem! There's a genuine brass plated attaboy for the first person to post the correct answer. :rolleyes:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Hill climber wins by a nose! I forgot to put the choke down. While the engine was warming up it ran fine but once it reached operating temp if I tried to gun it the system couldn't get enough air and it would start to "choke". I had a major Homer Simpson moment when I figured that one out!

So Hill you are now the possesor of one "Attaboy", 9999 more and you will be entitled to a free cup of coffee! Just remember that it only takes one "Aw Crap" to wipe out all of your Attaboys! :p

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I have never had to use the choke to get my motor started. I did have a problem with the choke lever getting bounced up a little bit. My performance would drop way off. When I finally figured out what was happening, I tightened the nut that holds the lever in place and it actually takes a little effort to raise the choke lever now. I can easily raise it if needed and it will NOT bounce up again.