My Wehrmacht Luftwaffe bike

GoldenMotor.com

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Ihr Bewegungsfahrrad ist- erstaunlich!
That is art and beauty. You did an amazing job with matching parts and watching proportion. I'm a novice WWII buff and I'd have to say this would make me look twice, it seems totally plausible. Congratulations on a smashing creation, 10 out of 10.

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
which 6v battery do you use? what kind?
thanks!
I used a standard handheld flashlight battery because it's light weight, lasts quite a bit of time, and cheap (3.50 @ home depot). You can also use a 7.2v battery and charger used for remote controlled cars. Can be found at any hobby shop or radio shack. Its not as bulky.

Hey Biz,

Super nice build, how did you paint that?

Looks like you could store my ammo for the next night ride.

Hope you can make the June 12 or 13 ride, I sure want to see that bike in person.

CCC
thanks! Lol! Those boxes will only store ice cold "ammo", if you know what I mean.wee.
By the way, I used Luftwaffe blue paint originally used for restoring German WWII helmets and or model Rc planes.

super nice build, love it.
Ihr Bewegungsfahrrad ist- erstaunlich!
That is art and beauty. You did an amazing job with matching parts and watching proportion. I'm a novice WWII buff and I'd have to say this would make me look twice, it seems totally plausible. Congratulations on a smashing creation, 10 out of 10.
wow!!! Thanks!!!!dance1

Last edited:

ChuCheen

Feb 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey ChuCheen, how's it going? I'm not sure i'll be able to make it on the upcoming ride. I will be out of town for a couple of days :(.
its cool man there are plenty of upcoming rides. Let me know when you do one of your night rides, it'll be fun since summer nights are perfect for riding!

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
I absolutley love that bike..! Every detail, from the headlightcover to the placing of the horn is spot on! The helmet decal on the rear fender looks good to..

I'm planning my next build and was thinking a cafe racer with a 20's twist but now i¨m not so sure anymore lol!
But is it a whermacht or luftwaffe bike? It cant be both you know.. :)

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Opps sloppy of me!
I usally think of the Heer as whermacht as it usally is refered as it..

But clearly there can be a whermacht-luftwaffe motorized bike :)

bangbang880

Mar 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Thank you! if you might indulge me with one last question?

I love the flashlight battery. I understand the on/off switch and how to etc.. But, My question is how do you attach the wires to the battery? Do you just twist a bare wire on the curly cue's and tape or shrink wrap? Or is there some other way? and adapter or something?
Thanks again and i look forward to meeting you guys on a ride one day.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
My guess would be the batt. would be in an old(or new) sq.batt flash-lite housing and run the wires from the bulb location

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
First: I'd like to compliment your abundance of tact in not painting swastikas anywhere on it. My family on both sides has history, and many sad memories, related to Nazi Germany. I am free because of decisions my grandparents made early in the war.
Second: even I must admit that is one beautiful bike! I mean that!

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
First: I'd like to compliment your abundance of tact in not painting swastikas anywhere on it. My family on both sides has history, and many sad memories, related to Nazi Germany. I am free because of decisions my grandparents made early in the war.
Second: even I must admit that is one beautiful bike! I mean that!
Allen Wrench,

I highly appreciate your comment and compliments. When I decided to build this bike, my intent was not to offend anyone. I tried to replicate a motorcycle that was part of a sad time in human history without those offensive symbols. My interpretation of the Wehrmacht Luftwaffe bike was inspired seouly from the original's visual design/engineering and not the Natzi regime to whom those machines served.
My most sincere apologies and respects to you, your family and everyone that was affected by those atrocious times.
Thank you for being understanding
usflg

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Thank you! if you might indulge me with one last question?

I love the flashlight battery. I understand the on/off switch and how to etc.. But, My question is how do you attach the wires to the battery? Do you just twist a bare wire on the curly cue's and tape or shrink wrap? Or is there some other way? and adapter or something?
Thanks again and i look forward to meeting you guys on a ride one day.
hey bangbang,

I used crocodile clips. They hold weld and makes it easy when replacing the battery..wee.

bangbang880

Mar 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks Corgi1 and Bizcotch.
I will give the clips a try. I said one last question but now you left me with another. When you said "weld". Do you mean that jb weld stuff or real welding? Ya you guessed it I have never done anything like this before.r.ly.

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Thanks Corgi1 and Bizcotch.
I will give the clips a try. I said one last question but now you left me with another. When you said "weld". Do you mean that jb weld stuff or real welding? Ya you guessed it I have never done anything like this before.r.ly.
No problem! As far as welding..., depends on what you want to put together. I'd rather use a tig welder, but you can use jb weld or solder for little stuff. What is it that you want to weld?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
#56 (permalink) ....................(bizcotch,sorry ,clearing up the weld question) ...................................crocodile clips. They hold "well" and makes it easy to replace the battrey....................(bizcotch,sorry ,clearing up the weld question)

bangbang880

Mar 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Yes, Corgi1, exactly thank you. Yeah, its not that I "want" to weld anything or have the equipment i was just wanting to use a battery to hook up a horn like yours and maybe add some lights. and i was just trying to figure out how you hook up or use the pigtail battery? however i do have a soldering gun. if that is useful?
hope Im not being confusing? i know your answering other questions and they all melt together on some days. : )
thanks again!
.ride9

yeah, i didn't get that you meant 'well' not 'weld'. but i still do wonder if you need more then just a croc click? is that all you need? just clip it on?

Last edited: