My stable

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
A Solex what so you think of it? I have one, had it for 30 years, my Grandad gave it to me. I used to carry it on the back of my 18 wheeler, then ride it home. Nice bevy of good looking bikes. Have fun, Dave

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Thanks for the compliments guys. Egor, the Solex is a fun ride, its relible, queit and great for running erands around town. My only complants about it ar after ridding the chineese kits, the Solex is sloooow, the top speed is 20mph, also it lacks the cool factor that the bikes have. What year is yours? Mine is a 78 4600...Kelly

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
HI Kelly

It's nice to see another friendly face . A usual you do very clean work . It was nice to see that star-fire logo on the clutch cover again . ...... D.J.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The black one with the silver tank whispers "Vincent Black Shadow"....well, those had chrome fenders, but that's still what I hear.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
Wow, a Vincent, thats cool I'd never heard that one before. Now I should take it to Vegas for the race, maybe I'll hook up with Hunter Thompsonrotfl.

DJ how is the weather up north? Its good to see you. The best clutch cove is still yours...Kelly

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Mine is from the early 60's. It is a 3800, red with white wall tires. the reason mine in not on the road, the tires are shot, and they are a a special size. I can get them from Utah but I need to save up the money, I keep spending it on the Happy time bikes. I did some engine work on this one I ported it some, added a port, but to increase the HP it needs a pipe and a carb, it will go about 26mph. It is fun and quiet. I need to get it out and clean it up. Have fun, Dave
Thanks for the compliments guys. Egor, the Solex is a fun ride, its relible, queit and great for running erands around town. My only complants about it ar after ridding the chineese kits, the Solex is sloooow, the top speed is 20mph, also it lacks the cool factor that the bikes have. What year is yours? Mine is a 78 4600...Kelly

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that is an awesome colection of motorized bicycles. i am in hawaii and really missing some good stuff on the forum. well time for more drinks and fun lol(^)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hawaii? Dang.

Enjoy it while you're there.

Gotta go move deliver furniture out in the 20 degree weather today (Sat.)

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Kelly
You said that you weigh 300# plus on one of the other posts. Do you have heavy duty wheels and spokes on your bikes? I weigh 320# and thought I would be to heavy for a "regular wheel bike". If you have no problems with "regular 14 ga. spokes that is good news to me. Thanks

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
Joe, I do ride on standard bike wheels. I've been into bicycleing since I was old enough to balance so lets call that 35 years and have learned a few things along the way. A well laced wheel can handle alot of stress and abuse especially when your talking mtn bike wheels. Now this may sound eletist but I won't ride or sell a department store bike, most of their wheels are crap and will taco if you look at them wrong. If you are woried about ridding on standard wheels I would reccomend getting some Worksman wheels. They are the strongest wheels this side of actual motorcycle wheels I have ever seen...Kelly