My second attemet at cross country traval 2020

GoldenMotor.com

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
i used a friction drive along with two friends to go from fort walton beach Fl. to Sanderson Tx. in 2020 but the world conspierd aginist me and had to lean the bike up aginist a biulding and catch a train before they strung me up.

Attachments

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
So, how far did you make it and what problems were you encountering ??
hey thanks for the reply i ended up making it a 1039 miles across the map not counting detours. Mostly stkicking the Old Spanish Trail.Some of the proplems and there where many was closed stores,empty shelevs,and long shipping.Those where some of the proplems i enconterd. Had to leave Sanderson ,Tx. when they flat out refused to sell me anyting, they said that they where needed for there own town and to movealong.So i got a train ticket leaned my bike and left.

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy and wrench

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
So your problems were food and supplies, not mechanical ?
last videio i shot
So your problems were food and supplies, not mechanical ?
they where all mechanical problems. First person to leave was my buddy Tony who is 62 took a trek 830 with a bikeberry lock and load with 63cc 2 smoker .Broken clutch bell Pasgagloa Ms., tried to get it wielded, they botched it up for 50 dollars. We would have had to wait 7 to 14 days for delevery so he called his girlfriend to pick him up.

Attachments

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
Details: Average miles traveled per day and average speed?
Did ya carry extra fuel? Did ya know how far the next town was?
Did ya sleep out side?

Quite the adventure on a friction drive
Did ya sleep out side?

[/QUO thanks again i timed out on my reply i will try agian.

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
Did ya sleep out side?

i ened up averageing around 34 miles a day overall,but had to many hang ups to do any averages.
But if you count the the days riding turns out to be 51 miles a day. Nowhere near the 100 to 200
miles a day exspected. I didnt learn much from my frist trip I guess. Yes I did carry extra fuel about 2 litters extra. We used our phones for navagation and to find Stealth camping spots, but mostly camped down by the water.

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
Our cast of charters for this motorized bicycle trip was three longtime friends. Jarrod at 46,
Tony at 62 years young,and Colby at 28 years old.
We all used 90's moldel higher end mountain bikes. I was on a Giant Yukon with a lock n load kit
with a pocket bike motor. Tony took a Trek 830 with a lock n load and a 63cc 2 stroker, and
Colby was on a Trek 800 with a sissor lift 79cc 4 stroke..Three one wheel trailers where loaded
and one by one ditched.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
You have a very interesting thread going Jarrod, thanks for sharing.
Tom
Thank you sir I have been lurking around this site a long time and wanted to share
somting. I have built all kinds of motorized bikes kept looking on here for someone
useing them as adventure machines so I've took some trips and want to share. when
your out there you are a true 1%er cars scoff,bike tourers scoff and the Police want to
know why your motor is so small.

Attachments

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon