My New MountainMoto

GoldenMotor.com
May 28, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Stock cdi of course, motor is well broken in, actually bought the motor used in the swap shop here for 30 bucks with a bad top end. I swapped out the top end off a brand new motor I had that broke a cylinder head stud off in the block.
The bottom end is a skyhawk and the top cylinder is a mega motors piece. It is broken in, has a lil over 200 miles on the rings and cylinder combo and probably over 1,000 on the bottom but I'm not really sure but it spins very free at the crank and absolutely no gear noise.

Yes it is totally stock internals, only the puch hi hi head and dellorto 16.16 carb added, well and the custom sbp pipe now too. The manifold is the manic mechanics one so it comes nice already, but no porting of the cylinder. I did match the exhaust flange.

I have a new jug, piston and ring set combo that I am working on now that I am porting out. Going for a 56.2 mm intake bottom height and a 25.6 mm exhaust roof height, as well as ramping the piston. But I really don't even need to pull this engine apart yet because its doing so well now stock and the jug is looking perfect still inside. Using Lucas 2 stroke 40:1 mix.

Hey how did you mount the front engine brackets to that front downtube? I just got a Motobecane that has Hydro formed front downtube looks like your front downtube.
Am very curious to know Maybe I will be able to do the same when my BeKits Black motor kit gets here.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Looking to see if any other do mud riding trails. I know this is old, but seems it is a small percentage that hit the trails. Last I almost took a spill, but kept up right. Rode over snow covered mud on 1st of 3 days camp / riding. Unfortunate though is I have to go much slower, or say smarter? Riding gear is great, but you know they say you fall it is better to go limp and let the protective gear do the work. Rather not go there at all!