My first build

GoldenMotor.com

fullerg86

Oct 17, 2019
My apologies if this shouldn’t/doesn’t belong here but this is my first build ever. I have very little knowledge or skills I would say in the world of mechanics but wanted to give it a shot to learn and I have fallen in love with the vintage bikes/motorcycles ranging from early 1900s into the 1970s cafe racers. Everything on this build is in my words “crudely” pieced together . With help from a gentleman here on the forum, Curt I finally got the bike cruising!! I am proud of what I’ve accomplished and now it needs a complete tear down, reinforcement welds and a complete go over. I wanted the look of the bike to be vintage and a little beat up. I think I may have achieved it. Haha. I hope someone can appreciate it. Still have a lot of work ahead.

Attachments

fullerg86

Oct 17, 2019
Good start! Curt's a good guy to listen to and learn from. That's how we go at it and get hooked. Very innovative. What did the rear huge pulley come from?

Rick C.
Hey thanks a lot Rick. Nice to meet you! Curt is pretty awesome, I appreciate his help because the longest time I couldn’t figure out why the bike wouldn’t move faster than a crawl but it turned out it was the tensioner pulley. Took Curt’s advice and boom! Took off like nothing! I was thrilled. I got the rear pulley from my neighbor of all places. It seems like since I have been interested in building and learning my world is opening up to people, connections and ideas! The idea for the pulley came from a YouTuber named Mustie1. I have learned a lot from him too.