My Columbia "37"

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Just thought I would share a few photos of my newest bike project. It is the "37" Columbia replica bike from Wally's World.

Has a 66cc China doll 2 stroke engine sporting a rear fuel tank, poo poo pipe exhaust, heavy tubes and liners, turbo buick tensioner, hub adapter, K&N type filter, L&R 10mm mirrors, analog speedo, 12v tire dyno powering USB charge port, Cloud 9 oversize seat, Saddle bags, custom made wood pedals, hidden rockets and a microwave for popping corn on a cruise.............ok, no rockets or microwave just yet.lol

Attachments

Reactions: AdvenJack and Dan

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thank you. Im happy with how the bike has worked out motorized...however the fake front suspension is a bit lame. Probably going to have to mount a proper working springer on this bike.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I've always been a pickup man...so all the bikes I have built need to be able to haul a few things. Don't think I will be moving any washer or dryers for anyone with my newly built rear bike box, but might be able to handle a small cooler!lol

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har, LoL

Thought ya were gonna juke me for the rebel without a clause, Kangar.

Pee Wee's bike was cool. The paint job was a lil too festive and fire island on a friday night but still pretty cool, me thinks.

I had an antique coke-a-cola box on a similar build. Man that comes in handy. Your right, perfect for small cooler. Quickie store run. etc.

Gonna get to this but an actual, dedicated pick-em-up, MB.

But Uber cool Build, Roo

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really, really liking her looks, Roo. Been wanting to do a down-n-dirty inexpensive build for quicky sales. And it don't get more perfect than your choice. Just a great looking bike looking for a motor!

Hey, do you have an album? Looking into to something for the new software migration.
Dig the vid thing. The way it posts and is not just a link. Our host has been on this for way to many hrs and I have no clue what it costs. But really liking all the bells and whistles. Taking some getting used to but very cool stuff.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks, Brodder!

Bouncing around the forum looking for any problems. I know I told ya before but your avatar pic is great! Always gets Jimmy buffett like songs going in my head and just now this one; (was the Paul theme song when he moved down to the islands, too)

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Dan

Yea...Wally World had been marking them down for awhile, so I kinda figured they were running them out to discontinue. Not sure if that is true or not, but glad I got mine when I did because I'm not so sure there will be anymore.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ya got me looking at their cruisers again. Really do have some great foundations. Did you see the electric start china girl from BE's?

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/E-STORM-BT80-Complete-80cc-Electric-Start-Engine-Kit.html

Loven the thought but my favorite thing about 2 smokes is the no changing of pedals. I hate "duck-pedaling" But on a really nice cruiser with old world suspension/springer or the like forks? That'd be pretty snazzy!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Dan
Those old looking cruiser bikes just do it for me. I remember when I was a kid in the 70's you didn't want some big ole bulky cruiser bike. You wanted a Schwinn Stingray or a Schwinn 20" BMX or Mongoose BMX bike. Those ole cruisers were something you drug out of your grandpas shed! Now I see those ole cruisers that I scoffed at as a kid as works of art today.
Every kid also wanted a motorized bicycle, but something like a whizzer was beyond the reach of any kids in my neighborhood......so we had to settle with putting a playing card in the spokes to make fake engine noise. So today I feel quite happy to have an old looking cruiser that actually has an engine and not just a card in the spokes.lol

Man..those electric start engines are neat. May have to do a bit of research on one of those. Cool stuff right there.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, Roo. Yep, yep exactly.

Just yesterday saw 2 really tricked out stingrays by the side of the road for sale. While I can appreciate what others see and enjoy about em, just not that classic, American cruiser. All in the eye and all that but a way to heavy cruiser just , well, just what your saying.

What I can't believe is how cheap the real ones go for. Goodwill etc. Even on clist. Around a hundred bucks. And the brand new wally worlders. under 200. Just amazes me.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The new software upset seems to have subsided and spent a good while looking at wally world cruisers. Keep coming back to the out of stock Columbia. Major bummer. But for stuff an' grins, just searched by feature. This with the estart is looking like a future project;
http://www.schwinnbikes.com/usa/bikes/cruisers/classic-deluxe-18

Single speed and coaster brake. Not ideal.....

I gotta ask Bairdco. He does a gig assembling box store bikes and has very discerning tastes. But man, more than 3x the cost but so, so purty!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Wow...that Classic Deluxe 7 Schwinn is a beauty. That thing just reeks of cooolness for sure and just begs to have a motor on it done up in a tasteful way.