My Brand New Motorized Bicycle Engine is being weird for the 2nd time.

GoldenMotor.com

Ethan C.

Oct 20, 2019
So my clutch is not disengaging again. The seller gave me another one in hopes it might work. It did not. Could it be the clutch pads? And if so, how can i get them unstuck. Please help!
PS: Im a big newby at this

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
the first thing I'd suggest is s clutch reset. First undo the cable at the lever on the right side you dont have to pull the cable out just have it free, next remove the right side clutch cover remove the set screw then remove the flower nut.take the steel clutch pad off remeber there is a sping in there Now set the arm to just where pressure starts and tighten it down. back the right side stretch the spring just a litte then put the spring back in place then the steel pad, push in on the pad and put the flower nut hand tight, then go 3 notches tighter of where the set screw goes and you should be very close on it, i generally use needle nose pliers to turn the flower nut. Of course thats for a 2stroke if its a 4stroke i dont know ...happy trails

Reactions: indian22

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
one other thought something ive seen before. the pedestal the part that your cable goes through can be set too deep and that jams the big spring
upload_2019-10-20_12-5-36.png

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
the first thing I'd suggest is s clutch reset. First undo the cable at the lever on the right side you dont have to pull the cable out just have it free, next remove the right side clutch cover remove the set screw then remove the flower nut.take the steel clutch pad off remeber there is a sping in there Now set the arm to just where pressure starts and tighten it down. back the right side stretch the spring just a litte then put the spring back in place then the steel pad, push in on the pad and put the flower nut hand tight, then go 3 notches tighter of where the set screw goes and you should be very close on it, i generally use needle nose pliers to turn the flower nut. Of course thats for a 2stroke if its a 4stroke i dont know ...happy trails
That's a fine post on setting up the clutch on the 2 strokes Kelly. You would be shocked to know how many forum members struggle to get the clutch setup to properly function. I will be installing a new clutch cable today and the way you explained it is the way it's done.

Rick C.

Reactions: kelly dean

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
i try not to make suggestions unless its something i have experience with.every twist of a wrench is a learning experience ;) And anybody into this hobby is sooner or later going to have to deal with a goofy clutch, ive had a couple new motors that out of the box the clutch had issues, i start with a reset and even if that doesnt work it gives me a good idea of where to go with it .... kelly

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
The ever unpopular stuck clutch is one of those repeat issues with "new" engines, that would benefit from a clutch reset. This malady seems to be an increasingly common problem recently, but I know it's been somewhat of an issue for years. Just knowing that you are starting from a known position is a great aid to trouble shooting as you said, and in a perfect world that alone at times is enough to at times solve the issue, but not always.

Rick C.