My Boardtracker : Post Yours Here.

GoldenMotor.com

flatblackkustoms

Jul 14, 2008
MEDFORD, OREGON !!!
It seem's to me that there are alot of people building their versions of boatdtracker bikes! Let's see if we can get them all on 1 thread. This is my take on a 1920's boardtracker ! It's not exact , But it is fun! Let's see more boardtrackers, THANKS...GERRY D. FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

This is my 1940 MARSHALL-WELL'S "ZENITH" with SCHWINN BLADE FORK with stabilizer strut's.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

flatblackkustoms

Jul 14, 2008
MEDFORD, OREGON !!!
My handlebars are upright and the baskets and lights make it more of a commuter than a racer,but It kind of has the style, and if you want to race I will accept your challenge (32 T sprocket)

How does that 32 work? Is it snappy? Im runnin' stock 44, mine is quick! Do you suggest a 32 or 36?

Attachments

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
Here is a picture that shows how I made the tank.
I don't have a good pic right now of the top tube, but I made it out of two BMX forks, so the bottom of the tank sits down in it hiding the seam and the stopcock.
I like the 32 tooth for smooth vibration free speed. It cruises around 35 mph without winding out the engine. It requires some pedaling to start and on hills. I have not tried a 36T but I think it would be a good choise as well. It would require a bit less pedaling on hills, and since my motor does not have enough power to rap out, the 36 would probably go just as fast. I went with this 32 because I got it for free off of a childs bike I found in someones trash.

Attachments

flatblackkustoms

Jul 14, 2008
MEDFORD, OREGON !!!
Here is a picture that shows how I made the tank.
I don't have a good pic right now of the top tube, but I made it out of two BMX forks, so the bottom of the tank sits down in it hiding the seam and the stopcock.
I like the 32 tooth for smooth vibration free speed. It cruises around 35 mph without winding out the engine. It requires some pedaling to start and on hills. I have not tried a 36T but I think it would be a good choise as well. It would require a bit less pedaling on hills, and since my motor does not have enough power to rap out, the 36 would probably go just as fast. I went with this 32 because I got it for free off of a childs bike I found in someones trash.
[
COOL ! How big is that tank? You should look at my "80cc 1940 ZENITH" post
that is how my bike is set up now!

Attachments

rickdiculous

Aug 27, 2008
thanks so much. the red bike has a grubee starfire gt-4 66cc. i have to say it is far superior to any other engine i have bought. the parts in the kit were nicer and this thing hauls ace compared to the others.

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Where can I buy those fork strenghtening thingys like shown on the black bike (first pic) and on the red beauty shown just above here? You never see them on bikes in Sweden. What do you call them btw? You know any online store who has them?

rickdiculous

Aug 27, 2008
they are fork trusses. i've seen the on ebay but you'll have to shell out some coin. i made mine. i got some 5/16 steel rod from the hardware store heated the ends with a torch then pounded them flat and wide enuff to drill for my axle. then i clamped the ends together and bent them together so they would be the same. then i threaded the ends with a 5/16 die. the bracket on the head tube i made from a 4in. square blank electrical box cover. i drew out the shape i wanted then started grindin' with an angle grinder. after i got the shape i desired i heated it then put the twist in. cost less than $15 and only took a couple hours.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Maybe my Jag won't be a full on boardtracker but I'm going for that look anyway. Here's a couple of pix. One with old Halloween Gal, my jeep style bike, and the other showing the seat post I made to move the seat back about 6 inches. The rear fender was rotated and bobbed; Made new mounts to replace the flimsy things that the Chinese put on them.
Hope this rates.
Tom

Attachments

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
Hey Tom,
I think that is going to turn out nice, are you going to use a 2 stroke from Duane? My latest bike (the one in this thread) is ergonomic and fast enough That I would feel comfortable riding it to your neighborhood (not like the trailer queen I was on when you met me), so we should get together and ride soon.
Kenny

TheBeak

Feb 25, 2009
Blue Hill Maine/ California
2 door that seat post is a great idea, it gives it more of the board tracker look and rear fender. Great looking bike. I'm going for the boardtrack look. They been my favorite bikes for a long time