My bike isnt starting

GoldenMotor.com

SomeBoi

Aug 22, 2017
Alright so yesterday my bike wasn't starting so I cleaned the carb and it started, then problems started where I would hear it start then it would just cutoff. now when i try to start it, i get nothing. I checked the CDI and its fine, spark plug has spark, im running a 50:1 ratio on my gas and I just can't find the problem. Someone please help me. And yes before you say it...I know my carb is junk the choke and something else have fell off it but it still works, It's the Mikuni VM18.

Bike 3.jpg
Bike 2.jpg
bike4.jpg
Bike1.jpg

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
My bike requires the choke to start for the first time.......may be some of your issue.

Also, probably need to address the slack in your drive chain. That looks to be a disaster waiting to happen when you do get it started.

Good luck in finding your solution!

SomeBoi

Aug 22, 2017
My bike requires the choke to start for the first time.......may be some of your issue.

Also, probably need to address the slack in your drive chain. That looks to be a disaster waiting to happen when you do get it started.

not sure how you know carb is working when bike won't start
Started the day before I posted this

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Not insulting you but did you turn on the cut off you have inline? In the pictures it is off. I second the loose chain, if it rides up on the sprocket it could destroy the crankcase or worse you.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa

Choke to start is normal,

Varies with temperature and air density, however if you have an issue having to where the choke has to stay on in a 2 stroke app your carb could need cleaning, adjustment or has an air leak at the intake gasket at the motor or intake care side.

One way to test if it's fuel related start it and let it run, if the idle slow raises and or idles back down that's an air leak.

Normally, if your carb is gummed up it won't stay running or results in flooding due to a slightly plugged pilot jet or stuck or worn float needle.

If your miles are high enough in a 2 stroke with symptoms of no start or your motor idle gets higher or is unstable you could be in need of crank case bearings when they fail it's not pretty.

Dobby

Aug 14, 2016
Forks, Washington
Alright so yesterday my bike wasn't starting so I cleaned the carb and it started, then problems started where I would hear it start then it would just cutoff. now when i try to start it, i get nothing. I checked the CDI and its fine, spark plug has spark, im running a 50:1 ratio on my gas and I just can't find the problem. Someone please help me. And yes before you say it...I know my carb is junk the choke and something else have fell off it but it still works, It's the Mikuni VM18.

View attachment 95629 View attachment 95630 View attachment 95632 View attachment 95633
What do you mean your carb is crap??? The Mikuni VM18 is an very good quality carb. I just got one for my bike. There are guys doing 60+ mph in their motorized bikes using the vm18.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
I'd guess that sometime since sept he got it working
I hop so lol man this kits at full of mysteries and none are perfect....

If it ant a weed eater/chainsaw motor
Or automobile they all suffer some how considering the motors are inbetween transportation.

Not quite a moped engine or pocket bike.

Chinese kits suffer from imperfections of casting and electrical issues at most cheap added bolts.