My Bike in an Article

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey GB, I just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss. I heard through another forum that your bike was stolen. I hope you get some sort of lead to the thief. I can't understand how some scumbag could do that.
Hey Everybody,
Sorry, I don’t visit this site very often any more. The bike was stolen, and there are no leads. Definitely causing some depression. Not sure if I will build another bike or not. I’m really going to miss racing.

Gilbert

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
What rotten luck. I'm sure the bike went underground or out of the area due to it being easily recognized.

I hope you build another one. Talent like yours should be out front for everyone to see but with a large chain and lock on it and a tracker to dissuade the light fingered amongst us.

Steve.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Hey Everybody,
Sorry, I don’t visit this site very often any more. The bike was stolen, and there are no leads. Definitely causing some depression. Not sure if I will build another bike or not. I’m really going to miss racing.

Gilbert
I saw that in a post on FB by J. Tautfest a couple months ago. It’s impossible to miss. I’ve been keeping a NorCal lookout. May be somebody you know or maybe not. I lost a bike once. Found out 6 months later it was somebody cleaning the road to their mountain house.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Hey Everybody,

Gilbert
If you want some parts, I got a front disc wheel, a ‘70 schwinn varsity, some random stuff you can cut up. Lmk if ya need something just pay shipping which is pricey these days, but I’ll do what I can. I feel you man it sucks. Just move on asap

RocketJ

Jun 20, 2018
Hey Everybody,

Gilbert
I think you definitely should. I have a vintage truss fork I could donate if you consider building again. You could easily turn it into another leaf spring fork.

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Wow, the support and generosity in this forum is incredible.

Gilbert, sorry for you loss. It’s a violating feeling.

I've just got started in this hobby and don’t have anything to donate, but I’d be willing to send you a little money. Just say the word!!!

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Wow, the support and generosity in this forum is incredible.

Gilbert, sorry for you loss. It’s a violating feeling.

I've just got started in this hobby and don’t have anything to donate, but I’d be willing to send you a little money. Just say the word!!!
Thank you all for your well wishes and extreme generosity. I don’t really need money or help with new parts. A couple of friends of mine in SoCal have offered me many parts. My friend Bob generously offered me a complete Helmutt Cycles bike, wheels, engine, drive train and all. Another friend Baird has offered a few different frames and any additional parts from his vast collection.
The thing I am lacking is drive and will power. My bike was a labor of love that I poured countless hours into. When I originally built it in 2012, it took me over 12 months to get it on the road. It went through numerous changes after that, and when it was stolen, it really took the wind out of my sails, as they say.
So anyway, I’m still depressed and feel shitty whenever I think about it, so I’m going to wait and see if the will to build another from scratch returns.
Seriously though, thank you everyone for caring and reaching out, it means a lot to me.

Gilbert

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I am sorry what happened to you. I can feel your sadness in your words. Most people are blessed to have one friend in a lifetime. Sounds like you have a handful. Back in 2017 when I read this thread and looked at a picture of your motorized bicycle I could see the feeling that you put into your build that all humans share: the desire for perfection. Your motorized bicycle has more character in the tip of its handlebars than most bikes have in their entirety.