Missing Race Threads?

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hello Everybody,

It looks like the latest So Cal Motorized Bcycle Racing thread (October 27th 2018) is gone from this forum? And I guess there are some other race threads missing.

Would anyone know why this might be?

Thanks,

Gilbert

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hi Everypne,

It looks like the member motorbicycleracing has been banned? I am sure the administrators have their reasons, that I will not argue with, but I still don’t understand the deleting of entire threads and related posts?

Still looking for some clarification, or even a response.

Gilbert

Reactions: Tyler6357 and Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi Everypne,

It looks like the member motorbicycleracing has been banned? I am sure the administrators have their reasons, that I will not argue with, but I still don’t understand the deleting of entire threads and related posts?

Still looking for some clarification, or even a response.

Gilbert
Hi Gilbert. Yes, your right. There are reasons. He is no longer advertising here and sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks so much for being polite in asking.

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I wanted to check out the Apex Oct 27th race. WTF! I will be joining motoredbikes.com. Dan did you delete the threads if you did you SUCK!
One pass on talking to people like that here. Please read the rules or consider normal, every day people skills. Just a thought Bobby.

Reactions: Tony01

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hi Dan,

So you are saying that the threads regarding the Southern California Motorized Bicycle Racing events are “advertising”? That’s an interesting point of view. I see them more as an announcement of the event (in the events section), with a discussion of who’s going, and then a report after.

If I start a thread for the next upcoming race, would I be considered “advertising”? I do not make any money off of the races, I just like to race and I would like people to come, so there’s more racers.

I know it is a small little sub-category on these forums, but it’s the one I visit the most, and I would like to keep it going. I definitely do not want to break any rules though, and I will defer to your judgement.

Thanks for the response,

Gilbert

Reactions: Dan

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
One pass on talking to people like that here. Please read the rules or consider normal, every day people skills. Just a thought Bobby.
I would like to register my complaint for banning racing threads here. Neil has done alot for our hobby by putting on these races and has had to deal a lot of BS to pull them off. Seriously, So Cal Motorized Bicycle Races are the biggest motorized bicycle events that occurs anywhere. If this forum's mission is to promote motor bicycling, banning the racing threads is contrary to accomplishing that. I respectfully ask that you reverse this decision and restore the racing threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi Dan,

So you are saying that the threads regarding the Southern California Motorized Bicycle Racing events are “advertising”? That’s an interesting point of view. I see them more as an announcement of the event (in the events section), with a discussion of who’s going, and then a report after.

If I start a thread for the next upcoming race, would I be considered “advertising”? I do not make any money off of the races, I just like to race and I would like people to come, so there’s more racers.

I know it is a small little sub-category on these forums, but it’s the one I visit the most, and I would like to keep it going. I definitely do not want to break any rules though, and I will defer to your judgement.

Thanks for the response,

Gilbert
I would like to register my complaint for banning racing threads here. Neil has done alot for our hobby by putting on these races and has had to deal a lot of BS to pull them off. Seriously, So Cal Motorized Bicycle Races are the biggest motorized bicycle events that occurs anywhere. If this forum's mission is to promote motor bicycling, banning the racing threads is contrary to accomplishing that. I respectfully ask that you reverse this decision and restore the racing threads.
Nope and my bad for suggesting that. Obviously your free to do that and why here is.

Planting product or event you profit from into every interaction is not cool.

I apologize

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
These races have played a huge part in the creation of great aftermarket parts and mods for our hobby. Look at the powerful race engines and aftermarket parts made by zeda, arrow, cdh etc. They have new stuff popping up all the time. Those parts wouldn't really exist without the races. The 20 hp monster scotto rides wasn't made for daily driving.
The only way the race (and aftermarket) scene has even grown as large as it has was through Neil and others "advertising" an awesome event. Neil doesn't make much at all with the races, most of the cash goes to pay for the track rent, any extra is for his hard work getting everything set up. He's definitely not making a living wage running this. Banning him for advertising the races will most likely slow progress on this hobby, think about how much innovation in automobiles start at the track then trickle down to production cars.
New members on this site may not know that the races even exist without him advertising them here, not everybody has an account on 2facebook or the "other" site as well. My main reason for joining here was to reach out to other racers that don't post elsewhere. If these races aren't advertised they may die off. If these races die off then innovation will slow down.

Reactions: Tyler6357

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
These races have played a huge part in the creation of great aftermarket parts and mods for our hobby. Look at the powerful race engines and aftermarket parts made by zeda, arrow, cdh etc. They have new stuff popping up all the time. Those parts wouldn't really exist without the races. The 20 hp monster scotto rides wasn't made for daily driving.
The only way the race (and aftermarket) scene has even grown as large as it has was through Neil and others "advertising" an awesome event. Neil doesn't make much at all with the races, most of the cash goes to pay for the track rent, any extra is for his hard work getting everything set up. He's definitely not making a living wage running this. Banning him for advertising the races will most likely slow progress on this hobby, think about how much innovation in automobiles start at the track then trickle down to production cars.
New members on this site may not know that the races even exist without him advertising them here, not everybody has an account on 2facebook or the "other" site as well. My main reason for joining here was to reach out to other racers that don't post elsewhere. If these races aren't advertised they may die off. If these races die off then innovation will slow down.
What a shame to have removed Neil from this site, he was valuable to the evolution of the motorbike scene and the racing scene. Work with him, make him a moderator, have him change his wording for the race event but dont ban him. Give him a chance!

BTW: I have noticed this site does not get the activity it use too thats for sure, this will have an impact and you will loose members to another forum.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Lets get to the heart of the matter.... I've seen many of the posts, & believe Neil was banned because of his 'abrasiveness' with the moderators & other forum members, (not because of constant 'advertising' of his races).

I've known Neil for many years now & he's actually an OK guy in person... I've also had some difficulty dealing with him online in the past & now I prefer to keep my interactions with him 'in person'...
I'll also admit that I can be a bit abrasive at times online.

I understand & respect the administrations decision to ban him, but I am also with the others here & request that you reverse the ban on posts about his races.

As mentioned above, his races are still a very important part of our hobby & it's product development.

The last thing I want to say to the admins here... Banning posts about his races really disrespects the hundreds of us who have literally invested years of hard work into attending those past (& future) races!!

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Removing the thread sounds like bad judgment, I think there's more going on here. Put the thread back up, you can work out things with Neil. Don't punish the rest of us.

Ray

Reactions: Tyler6357

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I'm just glad those pesky racing threads are gone. They were getting in the way of more important topics like "how to register a bike in California." I love to answer those questions over and over.

And this whole site is riddled with advertising. Banner ads, even bikeberry posts. It's like an online coupon book with a few real people's thoughts mixed in.

Every "where do I find..." Post turns into advertising when people link products. Heck, even people posting up their builds is a form of self-advertising.

So I call BS on that. There's other reasons. Probably because Niel is an ass hole. We all know that, but we've learned to put up with him. (Insert winky face here.)

Banning someone is one thing, and up to the mod's discretion. Deleting informative and interesting threads with posts made up largely by well-respected builders, racers, innovators, and long-time members of this forum is, in my opinion, a childish knee-jerk reaction to a petty personal conflict.

Anyway, who cares, the motorized bike "fad" is dead. Only people I (rarely) see riding around here are helmet-less tweakers....

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Hi everyone,

I just want to explain the missing race threads. I would have chimed in earlier, but I was just trying to better understand the situation.

I want to make it clear. There's no problem at all with posting these races. Whether Neil is around or not, anyone can certainly post these here. I see it as good for the site and the hobby in general.

Neil was banned for 7 days, but it was because of actions unrelated to the racing threads, as others have suggested. I hope you understand I'd prefer not to get into the specifics.

Many of Neil's threads were deleted out of frustration with him. I apologize to everyone who has contributed to those threads. A lot of folks, and the work they've put into these threads, were affected that shouldn't have been.

While I personally did not delete the threads, I feel responsible for not being able to recover them. Prior to this, I did not have the controls in place to undo this sort of thing. I now have controls in place to keep something like this from happening again. I wish I could get the threads back, but at this point, I can't. At least now, if emotions run high, I can fix this sort of thing.

Thanks to you all for keeping this part of the site alive. Again, I apologize for all of this.

Eric

Reactions: Chaz

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So I call BS on that. There's other reasons. Probably because Niel is an ass hole. We all know that, but we've learned to put up with him. (Insert winky face here.)
Banning someone is one thing, and up to the mod's discretion.

Deleting informative and interesting threads with posts made up largely by well-respected builders, racers, innovators, and long-time members of this forum is, in my opinion, a childish knee-jerk reaction to a petty personal conflict.

Anyway, who cares, the motorized bike "fad" is dead. Only people I (rarely) see riding around here are helmet-less tweakers....
the motorized bike racing "fad" is doing OK, 8 years and counting.

Reactions: The_Aleman