Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Sorry to hear your bud won't be coming with you. He is going to miss a good ride, but it sounds like he has a very good excuse if he is helping his church.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I am looking forward to it as well. We may have one issue to contend with though. As of right now the Spoon River is flooded and across the road in at least one spot along our cruise route that I know of. Hoping it falls enough today and tonight that it reseeds from the roadway. If not...then we will just have to take a few detours to avoid flood water. Going to be a great ride guys. I am hopeful the weather will on our side for the day.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Wow! The ride is tomorrow, isn't it? This happened fast!

And, yes, flooding and other water is going to be something to be concerned about. The rivers are rising and this is one of the rainiest Junes I can remember.

I don't think I'm going to ride either bike to work today. The rain is a bit heavy. There's a possible opening just about when I'd normally leave. But the rest of the day is expected to be rainy.

But the forecast is looking a bit better tomorrow. At least the chance of rain is smaller.

Best of luck, folks!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
My trade is a bricklayer and I can't ever remember having so much couch time in June due to rain. Getting pretty tired of it and falling way behind on my building project schedules. A few weeks of sunshine would sure be nice.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My parts won't be here in time to slap my whizzer together. So I'm gonna miss this even though I was hoping to attend. Missed it by about one week! I'm jealous
I saw in another thread you got the whizzer parts in, are you going to the ride? If I were
Any where close I'd jump at the chance.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Truck is loaded. Spares are loaded. Tools are loaded. Rain gear is packed. Just have to load the cooler in the morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mike and Kelly Brown
Downs IL.
309-830-7361

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
xseler

You sure would have been welcome to join in. Perhaps we will do another ride next year and you can keep it in mind to possibly attend?

Thanks!! I've certainly gone further for a lot less...... I've had my bike in 6 different states so far. That direction would certainly add to the total.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
let me know that tom (2door) made it safely, You all have a great ride, Wish i was their but i have to say i am having a great time with my daughter and granddaughter visiting from Korea

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Tom made it just fine! Thanks Paul for the steak, Ray cooked them up real nice. Hope you are enjoying Korea!! It was a good turn out with more bikes than people!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I want to thank everyone who came. I couldn't have rode with a finer bunch of guys and it was a pleasure to meet you all and see all the nice rides you guys built. Many thanks again to Paul for supporting us! I am currently working on some video of our ride and will post it here real soon. Hope everyone enjoyed the ride. Was glad we were able to pull off the cruise without getting wet. I am hoping we do it again next year with at least twice as many attendees.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
We had five riders and nine bikes present Greg. Not a big event, but it was very enjoyable and I thought and the company was good and the bikes were all unique.