me and the transylvania chopper

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My next job is to decorate the gas tank. It is too plain, but I have to empty it first and I doubt I'll be willing to stop riding it long enough to allow for painting till next winter.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
thanks it sure looks better with that short rear wheel, but best of all it's perfectly stable. I let it die today by accident on a hill. I had to pedal start it up hill in traffic and it was dead stable. I could not have asked for it to perform better. The engine doesn't seem to be very strong but that's okay it climbed almost all the nasty hills under it's own power. I helped on two but I didn't really have to. I could barely catch up with the engine.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
not sure if you have enough miles for the bicycle engine to be broken in deacon. i have heard that all my life with cars and motorcycles "wait till it breaks in" and i have never noticed any difference except with the bicycle engine. you will feel it big time when it breaks in and it feels good! i tell you deacon i am so happy you worked things out. i know how bummed out you were about the whole thing. again nice job and really cool looking bike. that little tire on the back gives it personality and style (^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I dont think i have enough miles on it for much of anything but I did find that the chain was too tight. I think tomorrow it will be better than today and I'm thrilled with today.

I'm planning my next outing a trip to the donut shop. I have been eating right for 9mos time to break bad and celebrate.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
I don't know if you know much about choppers but When I built mine out of a stock 1952 pan head I mounted a 300x21 wheel on the front that means 3" wide and 21" dia. on the back was a 5.00x16 about the same as you got there. So you really are on the old classic bobber/chopper look. I think you look very stately on your bike.
The classic line
Say that's a nice bike.
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
thanks norman, I was trying to get something a little unusual but mostly looking for something I could pull away from a stop sign with that wouldn't veer all over the place. this one so far is perfect

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I very happy you have a bike you like and can ride it was worth the effort wasn't it. I'm also very happy you told me about this forum with out you I wouldn't be here. So I gotta say.
THANKS!! My good friend.
I hope you live and ride for years to come.(^)(c)
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well I want to live as long as I can do what I like to do, Ride is now one of those things ad a lot of that is thanks to you so lets call it even.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Thanks,

I'm not really very mechanical. As Norman will tell you, just enough to get myself in trouble. I like to think that I'm the average guy who likes to speak for the rest of us. In asking simple questions, I like to think I get answers that help all of us not so mechanically inclined figure out what's happening with our engines.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have a new shot of it on the blog now. I painted the gas tank with a faded American flag in an impressionist style. It looks nice a rough.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
yes easy rider after thirty five years in the sun lol... Since I made mention of it in the blog I thought it only fair.