loud and fast

GoldenMotor.com

rickdiculous

Aug 27, 2008
so i took the screw out from the end of my muffler and took the cap and connected pipe out. took it for a spin and could'nt believe the difference. it was way faster and more responsive, no more "four cycling". could i burn something up running it like this? are there some simple mods that i can do and still keep it semi quiet?

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
so i took the screw out from the end of my muffler and took the cap and connected pipe out. took it for a spin and could'nt believe the difference. it was way faster and more responsive, no more "four cycling". could i burn something up running it like this? are there some simple mods that i can do and still keep it semi quiet?

I ran my "Bomber" Bike like this!!!
They are really fast & powerful without the baffle!!!!
It won't hurt it running it like that.
The best compromise is to drill a few 3/8" holes in the end of the baffle. (A little more power, a little more noise!)

Last edited:

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
A classic cherry bomb would look good but I would imagine that the glass pack would just collect the black ooze that normally comes out of the pipe . ...... D.J.

rickdiculous

Aug 27, 2008
thanks guys. today i port matched the intake and ehuast, cut off the pipe connected to the muffler end cap and drilled the holes in the baffle plate out. it just started raining so i cant take any hot laps. i'll have to get back to ya with my progress.

Attachments

Bike Lane Motors

Aug 26, 2008
OC, California
Too bad we have noise pollution laws here. I took the end out and what a difference. But I did wake some napping kids in the neighborhood. I got to try cutting the pipe as well.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
When I removed the baffle from my first engine I could hardly tell any difference when run side by side with a "stock" muffler.

Jimmy

Aug 28, 2008
Hey guys im new to the site and I was wondering, I know removing the baffle elimanate back pressure but isnt some back pressure necessary for a two stroke to work properly

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It doesn't remove all backpressure. A two stroke will run without a muffler, it's just hard to get good throttle response from off idle to upper midrange..

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
2-strokes run best with the *proper* back-pressure.

I've run the bike with just a 4-inch pipe off of the head...it's WAY too loud. 20 min of that will give you a nice headache, and lots of nasty looks from people.

rickdiculous

Aug 27, 2008
so i burned up the nieghborhood today. after the work i noticed a bid difference. i still have some spots of "four cycling" but can usually power through them. i'm giving these mods a big thumbs up. try it yo!

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hey guys im new to the site and I was wondering, I know removing the baffle elimanate back pressure but isnt some back pressure necessary for a two stroke to work properly
Backpressure to a point Recharges the spent unburned fuel/ air back into the cylinder for a supercharge effect, return pulse. Thats why when installing an expansion chamber the design and length are best to be matched to the engine size. With less backflow you will get a higher flow, so you may have to change the needle clip setting, watch your spark plug for lean condition.

Harp

Jul 3, 2008
I do service and maintence on these motors and I've noticed
on some engines the lack of back pressure due to no or half a baffle
wrecks the piston rings.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
so i burned up the nieghborhood today. after the work i noticed a bid difference. i still have some spots of "four cycling" but can usually power through them. i'm giving these mods a big thumbs up. try it yo!
"four cycling" What is this? can someone explain it?

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Like.....if my carb needle was set on the bottom slot kinda of rich? I think I may have solved my issue tonight. How it got set on the bottom slot, I have no idea, but it was.