Lost power up hills

GoldenMotor.com

Jaycee604

Jan 31, 2022
I know, same. Driving me nuts. I think that it may be the cuppling that connects the carb to the g2 reed valve. It looks good and has three hose clamps on it but maybe their is the slightest air leak. So i guess i screw around with that, and change the cdi and plug.

Chad_Broski

Feb 2, 2022
somewhere
Well, hope you discover the issue, and I wish you the best of luck, and maybe you'll find what your looking for! Now off to eat some peanut butter crackers :cool: .

Chad_Broski

Feb 2, 2022
somewhere
If I'm not mistaken, gas with a higher level of octane actually has more ethanol content then regular gasoline (to achieve the higher octane level), so technically the fuel your using now may be worse for the carb then, say, if you used 85 octane fuel. Of course this may be outdated information, or outright lies, so you might want to verify that.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Jaycee604

Jan 31, 2022
A 100% gas has nothing to do with octane level. Using ethanol gas in small engines is like pouring sugar into your gas tank. It eventually clogs the jets. Find a place that sells a 100% gas or get ready to rebuild your carb every few months.
here in canada our 87 and 89 contain 10% ethanol. Thats why i said 91, because it does not

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
here in canada our 87 and 89 contain 10% ethanol. Thats why i said 91, because it does not
91 octane can still have ethanol in it. Here in the USA in order to be sold as 100% ethanol free gas it must be labeled as such on the pump. However, the majority of repairs I do on lawn equipment is damage done to carburetors due to ethanol gas being used.

Jaycee604

Jan 31, 2022
91 octane can still have ethanol in it. Here in the USA in order to be sold as 100% ethanol free gas it must be labeled as such on the pump. However, the majority of repairs I do on lawn equipment is damaged done to carburetors due to ethanol gas being used.