Looking for mirror suggestions.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Finfan, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Finfan

Finfan New Member

Right now I am trying to get by with one of those cheap little flexible shaft mirrors that all of the big box stores carry as a bicycle accessory. Has anybody found a rear view mirror that is actually useful? If so where did you get it? Enquiring minds want to know!

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Santa Cruz Scooter Works

I have! I went to the motorcycle shop and got a pair of end cap mirrors. I gave one to Dean and kept the other one since you only need one on your left side. It works great and doesn't move at all because it is tighten by allen bolts. I bolted my up high and Dean mounted his below the grip and it works good.

3. tyrslider

tyrslider New Member

napolean bar end mirrors will adjust to any handlebar. They are very clear and easy to see through. oh yea they are available at m/c shops.:)

#3 tyrslider, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  4. Ghost0

Ghost0 New Member

I used the cheap flexible ones and just added and aluminum extension. Works OK, you can see pretty well unless it is really bumpy.

Attached Files:

5. OSCAR383

OSCAR383 New Member

What About Engine Vibration??? Does It Effect The Clatity Of The Mirror

6. Ghost0

Ghost0 New Member

Like I said the flexible part actually dampens the higher frequency vibration like the engine, but it doesn't do a good job with larger road bumps.

7. saetta

saetta New Member

I have old school bicycle triangular style mirrors mounted on the highest point of my handlebars. The view is shaky on rough roads but still visible.

Attached Files:

#7 saetta, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse New Member

Yea, my first mirror was useless unless stopped. Bought one that fits over grip and it tightened with velcro. It works better but....The prob I have with it is that it adds about 6 horizontal inches to the left side handlebars, getting in the way of trees and bushes. Looking for a better setup.

9. old motorbike

old motorbike New Member

I work part time at a motorcycle shop and the owner found some old universal m/c mirrors. One of them worked on the end of my left bar. Just fitted it on today and it works good. I'll take a pic later.

10. Finfan

Finfan New Member

Well, I found an end bar mirror for $7 at Ace today. Taking the cheap way out for now because I also balanced my check book today :eek: and figured out how much I've spent on this thing in the last 3 weeks. Those accessories add up fast!!!! Hopefully now it will only be minor improvements like maybe a long pipe so I don't get oil on my shoes! :p :rolleyes:

11. apple101

apple101 New Member

I just use the 3 dollar ones from Pyramid that have built in reflectors. I got it from Amazon.com!