Leaf Spring Forks

GoldenMotor.com

Mannhammer21

May 24, 2015
California
Hello everyone! I'm on the look out for some leaf spring forks. Thought I should ask you guys first before I hit the internet in search of some decent ones. I have this new project in mind and leaf spring forks are the route I want go. If you guys have any info on where to go to directly or recommendations let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and have a great Labor Day Weekend!

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum! I've never seen leaf springs offered for sale in bicycle dimensions. The forum has many fine examples of shop built leaf springs. I took the time to document the leaf spring build for my Simplex (Old guys) starting on page 65 of my build thread. Good luck with the build...the leaf spring is a very good choice, just not commercially available for bicycles. Good luck! Rick C.

Reactions: Harold_B

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You might be able to convert an existing cantilever fork or rat trap fork using the leaf spring from a small cargo trailer. Sounds like fun.

Mannhammer21

May 24, 2015
California
You might be able to convert an existing cantilever fork or rat trap fork using the leaf spring from a small cargo trailer. Sounds like fun.
I've looking around online, and the more I search the more this is looking to be the only solution, not many replicate the leaf style of springer fork. I see the bent, or reverse, but no leaf.

Mannhammer21

May 24, 2015
California
Welcome to the forum! I've never seen leaf springs offered for sale in bicycle dimensions. The forum has many fine examples of shop built leaf springs. I took the time to document the leaf spring build for my Simplex (Old guys) starting on page 65 of my build thread. Good luck with the build...the leaf spring is a very good choice, just not commercially available for bicycles. Good luck! Rick C.
I would be down to build my own, however I do not have the equipment, or time, which totally sucks. I'll take a look at your post maybe get an idea on making mine, if it has to be. Thank you for the help.

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
If you look around long enough and hard enough you may find a trussed fork suitable for adaptation to a leaf spring fork. A couple of guys have made them and offered for sale but I get the idea sales were not exactly brisk and they faded away. You can see my attempt near the end of my build thread. Made without special tools and low cost but it took quite a bit of time.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Hello everyone! I'm on the look out for some leaf spring forks. Thought I should ask you guys first before I hit the internet in search of some decent ones. I have this new project in mind and leaf spring forks are the route I want go. If you guys have any info on where to go to directly or recommendations let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Dan From Taylar Cycles makes killer leaf spring forks. Look just like originals.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Mannhammer21

May 24, 2015
California
If you look around long enough and hard enough you may find a trussed fork suitable for adaptation to a leaf spring fork. A couple of guys have made them and offered for sale but I get the idea sales were not exactly brisk and they faded away. You can see my attempt near the end of my build thread. Made without special tools and low cost but it took quite a bit of time.
Thank for the help. Yeah, I don't think leaf spring dorms are too popular, but they look so cool. It really is hard to find them.

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
Hi there. Been lurking here for a while and enjoying the builds on this forum. Awesome rides!
I stumbled upon Your thread and I have these links for You:

https://classic-cycle.de/alle/2865/springergabel-28-zoll-1-zoll-schaft?c=223

https://classic-cycle.de/alle/2866/springergabel-28-zoll-1-zoll-schaft?c=223

While still very expensive + overseas shipping they are intended for a bicycle.
But the "savior" are the pictures, an easy copy for someone that has a welder and a little skill.

Reactions: fasteddy