Laid-Back Seat Post

GoldenMotor.com

diesel278

Apr 6, 2012
Boulder,Co
Hi,All
Is anyone interested in my version of a lay-back seat post? It is made from 1.5"x.375"x 5.375 long steel both ends are radiused and drilled thru,the stock size is, seat post 1.062 or 27mm 6" long. Set back is 5" and the seat stub is 2.75"long x .840" or 21.35mm, both the seat post tube and the seat stub are Tig welded top and bottom.They come primered ready for paint. I can make them to fit any bike.$20.+$10.shipping. The one shown on top is a custom order.I now can do Paypal.Kip.
[email protected]
hey kip, i'm interested in one, but for me a set back of 5" is a little far. can you build to suit?

diesel278

Apr 6, 2012
Boulder,Co
cool, the measurements i need are as follows:
1" post with 3" lay-back.
post to seat measurement needs to be 7/8"
if this isn't to clear let me know nd i'll draw it up for ya.

Last edited:

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
Here is my latest build with one of Kip's seat posts...I really like
them. As you can see, I filled in the "space" in front of the saddle with a tiny $4 seat-bag from Ebay that almost seems designed for the purpose.

It certainly gives the bike a more "motorcycle" feel, and allows for far more leg room, and less hitting the handlebars with one's knees when pedalling in tight corners.

In fact, my other bikes feel kinda funny after riding this one...like I'm too far forward, almost on top of the tank.

Hope you're still making them, I'm ready for another in a few weeks...

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Woo! Got mine already! Out of the box and onto the bike, I'll paint it later :p Absolutely love it! Like Frosty said, it makes the bike feel bigger and a heck of a lot more comfortable. Kicking myself for not getting one sooner :D

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Hey Killer,

I like both mountings; however, is it possible to angle the fender down to match the contour of the tire? It might require raising the seat a tad bit.

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
I think I prefer the first example...always good to try both.

I'm ready for another seat post Kip...I don't suppose you have my details on file from the last one (the only one)?

Let me dig up your email, lol...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Cool 'laid back' seat post Kip.

I just rolled this Dynamik into the service bay for a 48V electric 7-speed shifting assist this weekend so I snapped a pic.

How is that for a 'laid back' seat? hehehe ;-}
I guess this is what's called a semi-recumbent bicycle.

Not a tall enough cavity for a 4-stroke shifter and with that outrageous seat post angle no 2-stroke shifter either so electric it is.

I can't wait to get it done and take it for a spin as it sure feels comfortable to sit on that giant saddle with my butt over the back wheel.

Anyway, I just thought you'd get kick out of that Kip and again, nice job on your seat post adapter.

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
Wow! Now THAT'S a wide-boy saddle! Sweet!.
I'm not so keen on battery-bikes, to be sure, after the 6 months of living **** I went through
with Schwinn before I finally got a full refund on my first (and last, until fusion is perfected lol) eBike...
But that looks like the start of something cool.
Someone let me know when a battery starts coming even CLOSE to what's promised, and maybe I'll repent. Until then, gimme a little "one-lunger" petrol engine any day...

:)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Someone let me know when a battery starts coming even CLOSE to what's promised, and maybe I'll repent.
Lithium Ion batteries have come a long way, I just got in a custom built 48V pack from Hong Kong for the 7-speed electric trike project next up on the shop floor, I am expecting 30-40 miles a charge from it as that my spec for it but that is other topics.

This trike project has an extremely laid back seat post as well, again no problem for an electric.

Personally I love electrics and having motor gears, done right I can almost charge the same for an electric shifter as a 4-stroke shifter and be done in 1/10th the time without even getting my hands dirty ;-}