Just like the name says...

GoldenMotor.com

Too Many Projects

Aug 23, 2008
OK, SoCal old guy here. Been building Harleys and cars for decades and now my adult son and I are playing with motorized bicycles. Did one to see how they ride, building a second for my son to use as a daily rider. Also have a project bike that will have a vintage feel but that's going to take some time and fabrication. Here's a shot of the first one we did. Pretty basic but with a 49cc it hauls my rather large 280 pound butt down the road at 30 MPH+ with no problem.

Schwinn Right.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to our world! Glad you found us. I ain't saying how old I am But the mere thought of an electric starter on a Harley brought laughs and More laughs. Never Happen. Yea Right, You kick the thing and hope the spark is right! rotfl

Too Many Projects

Aug 23, 2008
I have a 1947 Knucklehead that I'm going through for the first time in thirty years (I'm a procrastin...), a 1950 Harley 45 Solo, a 1966 Harley trike, a 1956 Harley 165 Hummer and a 1977 Yamaha XS1100 that tried to kill me (it's the Christine of motorcycles). The long term motorized bike project will be going in the direction of a pre-twenties Harley. Back when they had pedals too. Gonna have to fabricate a front end and a gas tank and probably a bunch of small stuff. But it should be fun. Anyway, thanks all for the welcome. You'll find, like most do, the biggest problem is getting me to shut up.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. That is a nice looking bike. I've always been partial to the cruisers. Glad you joined us........................