Indian Scout inspired

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
amazing work! a steel drum and conduit huh? if you never told us, I would have thought that it was a factoty piece! and the seat post is trick also, fill me in with more!!! I like it.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
The seat post was made from a left over leaf spring off a 65 mustang. But any leaf spring would do, if the leaf was think I would just cut narrower. I made it adjustable for different weights of riders and height by slotting the holes in the mounts. The down tube is a craftsman socket with a nut welded inside to hold the mounting bolt. All overkill to be sure I don't break anything and go flying. I used a cutting torch to heat and shape. Took an afternoon to build. The little spring was unnecessary, and I removed it, just arced the spring more. But it rides so so nice. I am 240 lbs and need a heavy duty ride. The old bikes used leaf springs and I’ve seen some here on the forum use them. One, the front forks has leaf spring, If I seen that earlier, Mine just might have a leaf suspension. I love this forum, so many ideas, and great people

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
DAV, AWSUM JOB, INSPIRATION FOR SURE. PICTURE 5 OF 17 ? REVERSED NEGATIVE OR DONE WITH SOFTWARE?? IT WAS THOUGHT BILLY THE KID WAS LEFT HANDED. NOT SO LONG AGO SOMEONE NOTICED THE WINCHESTER LEVER ACTION RIFLE HE WAS HOLDING HAD A LEFT SIDE LOADING PORT. NO SUCH GUN WAS PRODUCED. THE NEGATIVE WAS REVERSED. NICE DETAIL ON YOUR BUILD. THANKS FOR SHARING. RON :ride: