If you were a kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
If you were a kit how would you be described

spikedfox xl- large, powerful, doeswhat its supposed to, but looks like macgiver made it to escape from a junkyard full of drug smugglers

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
jasonh - quiet at first but loud and fun once broken in. Requires tinkering to keep running properly. Don't expect it to pay your bills on time.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hard to start in the morning but once going never wants to stop running, and prefers rich fuel. built with champagne taste on a beer budget.

Looks like its running slow but somehow gets you there before everyone else!

JohnnyCrash

Jun 28, 2012
Earth
Brilliant question! :)

A ~45cc air cooled single rotor Wankel, with easily-accessed manual clutch and 3-speed manual transmission. Side-housing inlet and exhaust ports with conservative overlap and duration for smooth idle and best fuel economy. Carburetor with separate idle mixture adjustment. Easily-accessed magneto with separate electronic trigger and spark coil. Ultra-quiet exhaust AND inlet silencers. 15 or 20,000 RPM redline. ~5 horsepower or maybe much more :) An available option for oil injection pump with separate oil reservoir.

All in one compact, sweet-running, lightweight, narrow unit that results in a clean, tidy installation.

Made in Canada, for 350 bucks :)

If I were one of you very fortunate few with more emotional energy, I'd be busy right now developing it myself. I have the ability but sadly, not the motivation. It would be the ultimate bike engine.

Ian

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
If I was a kit, I'd be a 1 or 2 rotor modified seals with the smallest turbo and then efi'd. The cooling of the small rotary engines restricts higher rpm performance, meth injection and some boost should fix power above 5k or so :D

or is that "if I was a dreamer"