I saw you...

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Sunday August 3rd I was busy fake pedaling the Whizzer westbound past the Tucson Police Department on west Prince road. I didn't notice the two motorized bikers waving at me until they were past me going eastbound:ride2:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Another Tucson sighting: Motorized biker seen on Northbound Dodge at 8am, wearing a red T-shirt, white helmet. I was in my white work truck trying to wave you over to shoot the bull, but it was busy with rush hour traffic at River Road and Dodge. A couple drivers almost cut you off and you were wary of merging cagers.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
That's pretty good Weedylot. I've seen probably 6 MBs in the Silicon Valley area in the last six months and I'm always on the road.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I don't know how you spot all these MB's? I've only ran into a few and just recently on SilverBell between Grant and Speedway. Who ever it was was wearing a half helmet with flames on it.

Maybe it's because I stay out of the city

I was trying to get them to stop but I was going in the opposite direction and by the time traffic cleared so I could turn around they were gone.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I usually get around the city daily. Lately though I've stuck to the home office. My most recent sighting on Sunday was actually a "hearing" before it was a sighting. Came right by the front of our house, I couldn't get out from under the hood quick enough to wave. Roland at Spooky Tooth told me they've sold (I think) around 400 or more kits and bikes locally.:ride2:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I saw one bike locked up at the Lowe's on Oracle, it had a milk creat for a basket on the rear....and I always see the same bike locked up at the Home Depot on Oracle across the street from the Mall. But I have never seen the owners.
Their are a lot of MB riders in Tucson....I just need to do more city riding then my cross country trips out in the sticks.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If they sold 400 locally they must not be tinkerers or they would be here. Well maybe the other dump but somewhere for sure. No one person knows it all.... well maybe some do but sure as heck not me.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
probably not tinkerers. Spooky does a lot of prebuilt bikes, so I assume those people don't want to mess with all that stuff. So if it breaks, it probably goes back to Spooky to be fixed...I would assume anyway. Just like a car, most people aren't going to join forums because they enjoy riding their car :)

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Spooky has its own forum, but its mostly a ghost town nowadays. They moved to Bisbee Az and still run a shop.Now another outfit has moved into Spooky's old headquarters in Tucson. I believe there's some animosity between the two. I've seen neither party on any forums.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Another Tucson sighting: Today at about 10am A white haired guy on a DIY bike, westbound on Fort Lowell Road at Mountain Ave. I pulled my truck over ahead of the guy and waved him over. He dissed me, waved back, kept going. A 3.5 hp 4 stroke was mounted up high in the frame. A yellow bag/basket with"007" on the front and a rack on the back. Maybe I'll post a dissertation about the social ramifications and personality types of the motorized biker with enlightenment for all, leading to worldwide peace, harmony, and understanding...Nahhhhh!

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Tucson: A motorized bike was spotted going south on the northbound side of Euclid at Grant. A young dude wearing a green t-shirt riding a blue bike with a chinese 2 stroke. Risky behavior in rush hour traffic at 6:30 pm.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
This morning at 6:15 a motorized bike was westbound on Prince Road between Fairview and Flowing Wells. A black cruiser type, no fenders? with a chinese two stroke was being ridden by a guy wearing a gray t-shirt.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
as far as I know I'm the only one in my town but I think I sold my china bike so there should be one more around soon. I just can't ride more than one at a time.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
In my town of Mid Mo. Approx 94000 Pop I have seen only one other MB and heard of two others, not including some electric motored bikes. Mine draws many inquirys as a result.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I hardly ever saw any until about 3 years ago, now I'm seeing one or two every day. This evening about 7:30 I saw one westbound on Wetmore Road in front of the Tucson Mall. It had a bright headlight and tail light. I could only tell it had a two stroke. I'm always looking for them nowadays. :ride2:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I had a person tell me they saw "a bike just like yours" in beautiful downtown Ashtabula...yes, the same city where the famous forks and cranks were made!

It wasn't me.....

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I saw a MB today between 1:30-2:30 going East on Ajo about a block West of Palo Verde. He had a black tank top with a black half moon helmet and a red MTB.

He was trying to cross Ajo to make a left turn onto Palo Verde. Unfortunately I was not on my MB I was in my truck going to the Habitat store.