How to hide wiring/ wiring tips?////// Where can i put my battery?, I use a 12v 7 ah battery

GoldenMotor.com

what's really need for lighting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smith80

Nov 6, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ive been putting full lighting on my past few builds and on every single one I Have had trouble making the wiring look good/ easy to service if needed. Any tips on how to conceal the wiring better/ make it look good? thanks!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Haven't done it yet, but plan on using Led, and most are like 4.5 volts if you use flashlight bulbs. So thinking on using the cell phone charging cords, ( A lot laying around LOL ) ether run them inside or on bottom drop a epoxy to hold, and the same on inside of fenders.
Just a thought, but will try..........Curt

Reactions: Smith80

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
8 ft length of copper or aluminum 1/4" tubing costs about $10, you can run the wires through it. Zip tie, wire or strap hanger bolts to hold the tubing in place. If you mount the taillight behind the seat, it would only take a few feet, and the tubing could be attached along with the gas tank. Be sure to protect the wire at the entrance and exits of the tubing.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Marathon 037-2.JPG This is how I hid my 12v 7ah battery. Also I run my wiring inside my frame, but I make sure that it does not effect the frame integrety.

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Unfortunatly I do not have pictures. However, drill the possiable hole and do not drill near frame joints. Have had mucho miles on those bikes with no problems.

Smith80

Nov 6, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ill try that at my apprenticeship today.

Does anyone here have turning signal mounts for the front?
I have a led (turning, brake, running light) strip I have in the back and I have front turning signals, just no way to mount them. Ideas?

Reactions: The Stray

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
You can buy rolls of heat shrink tubing from harbor freight for a coupla bucks.

Run all your wires nice and straight thru the tubing, keep your solder joints clean and small, then use small zip ties and run the wiring alongside of your brake cables, clutch cables, whatever.

I've run wires underneath my fenders with duct tape, and behind fender struts with krazy glue.

Nothing bugs me more than bikes with loose wires, too-long cables, and tons of zip ties cluttering it up.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
You can buy rolls of heat shrink tubing from harbor freight for a coupla bucks.

Run all your wires nice and straight thru the tubing, keep your solder joints clean and small, then use small zip ties and run the wiring alongside of your brake cables, clutch cables, whatever.

I've run wires underneath my fenders with duct tape, and behind fender struts with krazy glue.

Nothing bugs me more than bikes with loose wires, too-long cables, and tons of zip ties cluttering it up.

I second & third this comment!

FZ1

Jul 31, 2016
Pennsylvania
More on the battery. I have a couple Very Bright "Tuff" LED lights. Ordered a small sealed 12v lead acid battery to power one and test for the other bike and light, before ordering another for like $10.. This tiny battery is only 1.2 ah, yet it kept my LED lit for over 8 hours yesterday! That's plenty for me. Done testing, don't need to run it all the way down and possibly damage it. For a rear light I have a few small cheap lights to choose from that use AA or AAA batteries. I like the one with the lasers that point out parallel lines sort of in the path of the bike, and quite a few flashing patterns to choose from as well.

Oh, back to the battery,
L 3 3/4"+, W 1 5/8"+, and H 2"+. I am so amazed by the battery output, and the light output!

Wiring? Not my specialty. I don't have high hopes unfortunately. Will probably end up with too many zip ties. I'm more of a wham bam, thank you man, It works, I'm done.