How do I test my CDI box?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Take the sparkplug out of the head and connect it to the plug wire, lay the plug on the head so you can see the end, roll the bike with the clutch out. As the engine turns over you should see a spark, if not try a second plug.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Look at the picture you posted....where is the plug lead going to?

Be sure you are getting fuel to the cylinder. Is the plug wet? It could be low/no fuel flow, a leak somewhere in the intake, or even a blown head gasket.

Chrisbull420

Apr 20, 2020
Look at the picture you posted....where is the plug lead going to?

Be sure you are getting fuel to the cylinder. Is the plug wet? It could be low/no fuel flow, a leak somewhere in the intake, or even a blown head gasket.
I took the boot off the plug to do a chop.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You said earlier the sparkplug was firing so I would look elsewhere, do you have good fuel flow? Try to start it as normal, then pull the plug and see if it's wet. Pull the carb and clean it out good.

Reactions: Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I concur with Greg58... If you see a spark?, you should look elsewhere for the problem.
If the plug is wet?, the spark will travel through the liquid on the plug instead of jumping the air gap.
& as he also said, the next thing you should check is if the jet is clogged in the carb

Reactions: Greg58