How can I bend stock muffler to clear pedals?

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Hi everyone. If this thread is in the wrong place someone please move it. I've been away for some time but I'm back and just wanted to know if there's another way to bend my muffler so it will clear my pedals since I don't have a blowtorch nor do I have a workbench vice. How else can I bend it to clear? Thanks!

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Try slotting the bolt holes where it mounts to the head. It allows you to rotate the exhaust a little. Only requires a drill or dremel.

Reactions: Greg58

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
But if I try that will it still bolt firmly to the cylinder? This is my first build going on a Wally world cranbrook. I know they're not the best bikes but the mountain bike I have the sprocket wont fit on the back tire.

bobo60

Nov 23, 2019
Bro, all you gotta do is take it off, heat where you plan to bend it, and when it's good and hot, stick the end that connects to motor in a slitghtly bugger size pipe or fencepost and bend the sucker. It moves real easy when almost red hot, and doesn't crimp the hole if you go slow and gentle. Bend it as fas as you need, prob solved, wear gloves, your welcome.

bobo60

Nov 23, 2019
Bro, all you gotta do is take it off, heat where you plan to bend it, and when it's good and hot, stick the end that connects to motor in a slitghtly bugger size pipe or fencepost and bend the sucker. It moves real easy when almost red hot, and doesn't crimp the hole if you go slow and gentle. Bend it as fas as you need, prob solved, wear gloves, your welcome.
If not torch, stick it in the firepit or grill will work, just takes longer.

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
I'm good now, I had a muffler shop across from my work do it. I didnt have a torch, firepit or grill to use to do it. But all good on this now. Thx!