hot rod motorized tricycle

GoldenMotor.com

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
tricycle.JPG
built from a chopper bike 80cc motor 40 tooth sproket front rear disc break, hand built
rear section for axle and sprockets hand built rear fenders bikec.jpg

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Re: hot rod tricycle

looking good since you have alot of room in the back you could try using a multiple gears setup in the back. You can use a front derailer and have smaller sprockets in the back, like a 44t,36t,27t setup you would have power and speed. Just an idea the concept would work if it was setup right.

O the spacing of the sprockets would have to be the same as a from sprocket setup and order.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut

Man that is a nice ride especially since it was built with only hands, why didn't you use some of those nice lookin' tools I see in the background? Just pullin' yer leg good job! Walter F.

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota

Wow hot rodder, congrats! What a fine looking build. Great colors also. Have you been able to ride it a little bit? How does it handle? Is hope its everything you expected. Great job!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Good job the hand built fenders are impressive . I all ways love to see disc brakes on these bikes ,they work so well!!

Last edited:

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.

it handles great I have a little bit of wobble because the rims are out of round trued them but they keep going out of true,I order a new set of dayton 144 spoke should be here next week.

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada

I would like to see a close up pic of the rear drive system and how you got it put all together if at all
possible please. the trike looks cool. would like to bulid one one of my own one day soon..trk

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.

hears a pic of the rear the disc is in the center free wheel sprocket on right for pedals and
44 tooth motor sprocket left
GetAttachment-3.aspx.jpg

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Sweet looks choice. Rear center looks like the best place to mount it.

Last edited:

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ

Curious, did you fab up the rear, or didja use 1 a them trike conversion kits? My next build is gonna be a trike as well, using an OCC platform, n I don't think that the conversion kit is gonna work on the OCC frame due to the wider rear tire cage, so I figure I will probably hafta fab it up myself! Nice work dude! what's the top speed? Any idea? I'll be shootin for a 40mph+ trike myself, will c what I can do!

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen

anyone here looked at his side show whenb you click on the thumbnail attachment go through the slide show lol someone here likes smut

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA

I like your ride man! I like trikes but i am stumped on making them. I hope you have better luck than me!

Last edited: