homemade rear kickstand?

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Depends. How much weight are you talking about? Weight of the bike or weight of the bike with a rider on it? Cost depends on whether you can make it yourself or have to have it made.
SB

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Well, that's beyond what I can make. I'm guessing your a big fellow, but curious why you would sit on the bike while it is on its stand, to start the motor somehow? Anyway, I think you would need to make one from solid steel, welded up and might even need to beef up the attachment points at the area of the dropouts.
SB

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Use BMX handle bars cut and attached at eh rear drop outs, BMX bars are pretty heavy duty even on cheap bikes so the are easy to come by, and they would offer nice stability, but maybe a little wide.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
im 5'11 and 260lb, i like walks on the beach lol jk XD , but yeah it would just be a way to start the motor, ive heard a jack shaft would work to start the motor but idk know crap about those

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really like where this is going. I have been wondering about this for a good while. On my daily rider, have a center stand and is awesome. Makes working on em easy except any thing to do with the front end. As always, looking forward to your thoughts.

When I was a lil kid in the Bronx, the local Chinese restaurant had these bikes with huge front baskets and front wheel kickstands. Thinking about it now, might have been Worksman bikes. But even then was fascinated with the kickstands. Uber simple things, spring loaded. I have looked and looked but can't find a pic of em. Even asked at the at the Worksman factory. Could be made to work front or rear.

Wood, Ferball, your mission, if you choose to accept it...Design the perfect MB Kickstand! This post will self destruct in 5 seconds snork