Hi there (Rockland Co. NY)

GoldenMotor.com

unwired

Jun 11, 2008
New York
Hi folks,

Cool site.

I'm something of a hobbyist/tinkerer at heart and from the looks of things, this might fit the bill for an upcomming project. (past projects, R/C cars, R/C helicopters, electronic gadgets, guitars & Tube amps).

I live in southern NY State just north of the NJ border. My kids have recently ditched the training wheels and riding well on their two wheelers now. I got rid of my 18 speed bike long ago and since I've already learned how to ride a bicycle I''m thinking "why tire myself out with all that peddling when I could have a hybrid pedal/motor bike?" I'm currently scoping out bicycle options and motor pricing.

I'm not quite sure how happy the folks at Bear Mountain or Harriman State park would be but barring any issues there I think I'd consider giving this a go.

If there's anyone in the vicinity who's successfully completed a bike project please drop me a line.

Thanks.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
if you like to ride bicycles you will really love this. something about adding a bicycle motor brings a new meaning to fun. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

unwired

Jun 11, 2008
New York
I read some complaint somewhere on the forum about some guy saying this was for sissys and though I've yet to take the plunge myself, I think he was pretty ridiculous.

There's something abotu thr raw-ness that's very attractive. Sure I could spend a small fortune on a custom motorcycle but this is more like the thrill of strapping some 2x4s to your feet and skiing down a hill.

:)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it was probably some young kid. i didn't see the post so if someone could pm me a link to it i will remove it and them. to a teenager this may seem sissy to them but all the people i know doing it are responsible mature adults. i have met many profesionals getting in the hobby from doctors to lawyers and like me love it. average age is 40 to 75 year and yes thier are young people that enjoy it as much as us(^)