hi! i nearly forgot to interduse myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by harlyhermansson, Jun 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. harlyhermansson

harlyhermansson New Member

thanks!:D but that's the thing in sweden i am not allowed to ride it on the road:( so i cant go to a store:( i think its about 150cc. but it was quite alot to be done on the engine wen i got it. clening, had to change carb, grind the valvs and more but now it runs like a dream;)

2. MEASURE TWICE

MEASURE TWICE Well-Known Member

Welcome, I think I dowsed myself already!

Is that motor have an electric start motor? I saw that round lump just forward of the crankcase and thought it was. And if it is, would a centrifigul clutch actually enguage. The speed of those electric starts are they fast enough to make the shoes on a centrifigul clutch grab?

Measure Twice

#22 MEASURE TWICE, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. harlyhermansson

no it hasn't got an electric start its a regular pull start but i think its the same mounts as on a electric starter. and im not using a normal centrifugal clutch, im using a clutch from a scooter moped and i have used it in the same way with a 2stroke but its idle was a little bit to high so i think this 4stroker will be perfekt in terms of rpms to this clutch:)

4. bishop letov

bishop letov New Member

Welcome to the forum Harley.. Nice builds. Dont worry about the spelling as typonese is fast becoming the main universal language :)

You definitely do have the talent and it shows in the pics. Keep on wrenching and posting.

Awsome.

5. harlyhermansson

thanks:) i got some tiers for it today and mounted a exoust system. it still looks pretty scrapy but i will try to clean it up a bit tomorrow:)

6. bishop letov

bishop letov New Member

with some of the pics you showed earlierl.... I have no doubt that itll be worthy of any roadway....

7. "the prussian" Shop Dogs

Harly the triple tree forks look real good ,pretty soon your gona be able to make your own frames as well.:)

8. harlyhermansson

thanks for the kind words:)
    bishop letov yes i think so to but the cops sort of disagrees whit me on that point:(
    the prussian I've tried but i dont really have any of those fancy tools that most of the frame builders use:( but after the summer i will start at the industral program at high school then i might be able to use some of their equipment for building bikes:)

9. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

harly,
    I used to be a high school teacher once upon a time and I can assure you that your teachers at the industrial program are going to be glad to have you as a student. Imagine that... a kid who is interested and already knows something! Learn everything you can from these teachers, even stuff you think you'll never need to know. I see great things for you, young man. Vrooom...
    SB

10. harlyhermansson

yes i will:) thank you!dance1

11. "the prussian" Shop Dogs

Amen silverbear... It was twenty years ago that I had the honnor to teach high school shop in the same class room I attened years before , and most of the kids hated every min of being there? Once in a great while you ran across a bright spark (thats you harly) and you suddenly don't have time to teach them all you want to before there gone!
    Well I still run into some of those kids (kids there all in there thirity now) almost all of them ended up in the trades of one kind or anouther , most come right up to me shakeing my hand telling me what a pain in the you know what they thought they were.
    I always try and tell them how proud of them I am.
    Harly , that is some quality advice from sb , if you do what you love ,you'll never work a day in your life.;)

12. harlyhermansson