Hi from the UK - INDIAN Board Tracker tribute, my first build

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I was wondering how he was as well but he'll have to close up Jen's legal affairs and he said his in-laws were moving and he had his train kit business stored there and that had to be moved out so that needed finishing and with Jen's passing I'm sure that took the wind out of his sails.

As for me I'm tired all the time and any energy I have is devoted to cleaning out our wood working shop that my brother turned into a hoarders situation and at the moment I'm trying to get through a very mild round of Covid. Another two or three days and that should be over. Both my nieces had it in the past week and it was about four days long. Feels like a bad cold with a lot of coughing and aches and pains and a nose dripping like tap that needs repair.

Steve.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Hi Pete, Are you OK? Your last post was over three months ago.
Rick is the only of late who has posted any activity.
Steve if off the radar too. Just checking in Pete, hope all is well.

Tom
Hey Tom and all, yeah I'm good, thanks for asking. Just seem to have lost all momentum and energy. Steve's right...just lost the wind from my sails. I can see it happening and know I need to do something positive instead of just sitting home doing bugger all, day in, day out. Haven't picked a tool up or worked on the bike(s) for months. I wake up each day with every intention of getting back to it, then another day/week/month goes by without achieving anything. Guess I never realized losing Jen would hit me this hard. I had 8 -1/2 years of caring for her which I thought would give me time to come to terms with how things would inevitably end - but apparently not. But this kind of loss happens to half of every couple, so I'm not unique. I'm just grateful for the 47 wonderful years Jen and I spent together, so I'm sure time is the answer.
Clocks went back an hour last night so the days will be even shorter from now on. Thinking of getting the next project underway over winter, so with that in mind I just purchased a used, low mileage 50cc version of the Skyteam Ace 4-speed motor fitted to my current 125 Ace tribute. Looking to import another drop loop frame/tank combo from AliExpress to house this motor. Hopefully that'll get my motivation back on track.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
I was wondering how he was as well but he'll have to close up Jen's legal affairs and he said his in-laws were moving and he had his train kit business stored there and that had to be moved out so that needed finishing and with Jen's passing I'm sure that took the wind out of his sails.

As for me I'm tired all the time and any energy I have is devoted to cleaning out our wood working shop that my brother turned into a hoarders situation and at the moment I'm trying to get through a very mild round of Covid. Another two or three days and that should be over. Both my nieces had it in the past week and it was about four days long. Feels like a bad cold with a lot of coughing and aches and pains and a nose dripping like tap that needs repair.

Steve.
Hey Steve, get well soon bud. Covid is no joke. Seems it affects everyone differently. None of the folks I know who've had it have reacted the same. To some it's a bad cold. Others end up hospitalized in the intensive care unit. I've been breathless since my bout of Covid in June. Even the mildest activity leaves me panting. Due my latest Covid booster next week. Gonna give the flu jab a miss. Never ever partook of the winter flu jab, and never suffered any consequences, so it's no big deal.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
With my messed up lungs not working properly I'm worrying a little bit about it leaving me in worse condition than I am now and like you that isn't good. I think it's been a mild case since I had all the Covid shots available.

I've seen too many of my friends who lost a husband or wife and what they went through. It appears to be a natural progression you need to go through afterwards and there is no hurrying it.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hope you guys recover from Covid quickly and fully. I seem much improved this week.

Loss of ones spouse or child can't be imagined and no words or advce are adequate. Others do care however.

Projects I've a plenty as do you guys. An hour a day can be more than enough to move things along, but not every day at first. I also lost a lot of strength after Covid and am doing some resistance training several times every week. That has helped my strength and my mood.

Pete that 50cc motor in a loop frame seems a cool build.

Rick C.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Good to here that you are doing better, I am doing ok also. I am cleaning out both garage and workshop, and fixing as I go like when I added on to my bedroom I put new underground power cord to the house and garage. At the same time new fuse t just hooked the wires in the box it the garage, so now I run them overhead and into the box the right way, good thing I have a son close by to help overhead work. Seems like everything I touch needs work or put, or together or trash, that and having 4 sons and there junk. Most is gone now, so now can do my thing. I did build some gas tanks for a chopper motor bike that fit up front on the forks, out of fire extinguisher. Got to have some fun ...........Curt
1668129249657.png

1668129290919.png

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Haven't posted anything bike related for a few months due to long Covid symptoms knocking the wind from my sails. Doing anything much other than sprawling on the sofa has had me wheezing for breath. Finally showing some signs my motivation is returning - at last. Resumed work on the ACE bike project earlier this week. First time I've picked up a tool in months. Busy installing the wiring loom - not my favourite job, 'lectrics.

I've also come to the conclusion it's time I re-thunk my ideas when it comes to car ownership. Having covered a mere 3k miles in the four years of ownership since I purchased my current Citroen DS5, I can honestly say I can barely justify use of a car as a daily driver. What with being virtually housebound these last three years due to my late wife Jen's care needs, and also mobility restrictions due to Covid lockdowns, car use dwindled to virtually zero. Now that I live in town here in Alnwick, just about everything is on my doorstep within easy walking distance - making car use all but un-necessary. For most journeys these days I use my Munro eBike. So...come springtime, plan is to move my DS5 on. That said, I'm hankering after caretaking another 'classic'. Always owned classics of one kind or another over the last couple of decades. And I reckon if chosen carefully, classic ownership can often be rewarded with virtually zero depreciation. So to that end, I've just pulled the trigger on a '77 Saab 96 Super I located online - in Finland of all places! Fully restored by it's current owner between 2014-16, it's been meticulously done. Ford V4 motor fully rebuilt and modified to run on unleaded gas, body panels fully removed and a quality bare shell repaint undertaken, interior retrimmed, all plumbing, electrics, brakes and suspension redone. Registered with the Finnish museum registry of classic cars and driven no more than 1k kms per year since its resto was completed in 2016. Always garaged over winters. And to cap things off - all this at a remarkably affordable price tag. Can't even buy a ropey unrestored equivalent Saab in the UK for this car's asking price. Always loved these streamlined Saab beauties since my Dad's youngest brother bought one new back in the seventies - and it's the car I had my first couple of driving lessons in. Column gearshift will remind me of my old '41 Buick. Just heard from the agent selling the car on behalf of the owner this morning and he's confirmed the Saab is scheduled to set sail from Finland, ETA in Harwich, UK on Dec 16th, then trailered up to me in Alnwick. Might get here in time to make someone's Christmas extra special...

1663834722738-848x566.jpg
PHOTO-2022-09-20-15-17-09.jpg
PHOTO-2022-09-20-15-17-10.jpg
PHOTO-2022-09-20-15-17-10 3.jpg
PHOTO-2022-09-20-15-17-10.jpg
PHOTO-2022-09-20-15-17-11 5.jpg
Saab 96 repainted engine bay.jpg
PHOTO-2022-09-29-20-42-15 4.jpg
Saab 96 rebuilt V4 engine.jpg

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Santa's on his way....
Saab was collected in Finland a week ago
318474603_3400188536880238_3297737586252602987_n.jpg
318983927_3399336676965424_895509109829463739_n.jpg
and hauled to the port in Helsinki where it set sail for the UK last Monday (12th Dec). Arrived in Harwich, UK, on 16th. 5% VAT has been paid to HMRC (Revenue & Customs) so I've scheduled delivery up to me in Northumberland sometime this week. First job after it arrives will be to fit a bike rack to the Saab's tow bar so it can haul my bikes.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Is it I see the Saab having rear wheels closer together like in the Citroëns?

Something else I saw when looking on the web, by mistake I came upon rear wheel steering assisting the normal front wheel steering during heavy braking. The easy parking with all wheels going 90 degrees is much odder, no need to learn to parallel park.