Hi, from hilly Nanaimo, B.C. :-)

GoldenMotor.com

Courtney Hook

Aug 24, 2008
I never considered an engine before, but now that I've run my knees into the ground over the years, I need assistance on some of the moderate hills we have here on Vancouver Island. Our climate is somewhat rainy, but I have good raingear. I am wondering what kind of hill climbing ability the smaller 49CC kit has? Will it actually drive me up a moderate/steep hill without any pedalling? Would appreciate some guidance here, as I am absolutely new to these little engines. I am however an expert mechanic. :bike2:
Thanks,
Courtney

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us :)

With the right gearing the 48cc should work just fine. But if you have a lot or real big hills you might want to consider the 70cc. The 70 cc will give you a little more torque
:ride2:

beast775

Aug 24, 2008
victoria bc canada
hello from victoria bc,hilly here to.ive got a 43cc mitsubishi chain drive and there is a few slopes here that i help with pedalling.and the mitsu is a pretty powerful motor.my knees not to good iether.welcome and welcome myself.ha

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. If I was worried about hills at all I would jut go ahead and go with the 70cc bicycle motor. Then you don't have to worry about it. I have the 70cc on a Schwinn cruiser, with a 44 tooth back sprocket. It goes right up every hill. I never have to pedal unless I see a policeman. I'm over 200 lbs. and the elevation is about 3300 ft. Glad you joined us.......................