Hi from Hi5!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hi5, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Hi5

Hi5 New Member

Greetings all. Wanted to introduce myself to the board with a pic of my 1st build. Customized a bunch of stuff here and there but I hope it shows subtly because that was what I was aiming for.

Right now, I've been riding it all over San Jose Ca. nonstop and I'm itching to build another one. The designing and building is half the fun.

Well, I hope you like my bike and I look forward to a fun experience on this board.

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      169.5 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      205.8 KB
      Views:
    #1 Hi5, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

very nice i love the tank and those front forks where did you find those?very nice build.

3. Hi5

Hi5 New Member

the front forks are regular 26" springer forks chopped and notched 2" to give it a lower aggressive look. I didn't triagulate it yet because I got a little lazy to chop the front bars. Right now I am testing the strength of how it sits as is. No problems so far and I've taken it downhill (40 mph+ with the motor off) and through bumpy terrain. But eventually I will need to triangulate it just to reassure myself the bars won't bend, I think I've been pushing my luck with them.

The tank I bought from a friend. He has several tanks and is looking to sell them if anyone is interested.

4. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Very cool Hi5, great build. Think a bunch of folks would be interested in tanks like that.

5. Decedent

Decedent New Member

Your bike looks great man.What type of motor did you use? And how much is your friend selling those tanks for?

6. Hi5

Hi5 New Member

fresh sold out as of yesterday. They were NOS moped tanks and was selling them for $80 each. Don't know if he is going to get anymore since he said they are hard to come by.