Hi All!

GoldenMotor.com

Radmanfly

Jul 28, 2008
Oswego, NY
www.farleysradiator.com
Hi all,
Scott here from central New York. Long time wrench turner, new motorized bike fan. I recently joined your forum and have really enjoyed the contributions of the members I have read so far. I am 45 years old and can remember when I was 10 or so wanting to motorize my bike. It’s taken me awhile but I finally got a couple extra bikes and a couple extra “weedwacker” motors laying around so I decided to try it out. I had fun working out all the engineering problems you eventually do figure out….engine adapting (mounting), gear ratios, throttle, clutch, freewheel sprockets etc. (I sure wish I found you guys first!) It took a lot of trial and error stuff and I had to junk the first revision but eventually got two good running reliable bikes going for myself and my gf to ride. And what a riot! I could hardly wait to see how far we could go on a thankful. (12 miles nearly full out with the original 1/8? gallon tank, a lot further if you do some pedaling) I will post some pics as soon as I can. Looking forward to learning more and building more bikes. Bye for now, Scott (Fly)

Added just a few pics here because it takes forever....but I took about 80! If anyone wants pictures showing any details just write me at [email protected] or in here and I will add more or email them out. Bye:)

Attachments

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi scott and welcome to the site. i think all of us remember those young days when it was a dream to motorize our bicycles. me i had to settle for a cloths pin and a card that flapped on the spokes to give it that motorized sound. now in my fifties i finnally have a real motorized bicycle that makes me fell young again and i enjoy it as much as i would have back then. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Scott, welcome to the forum. I like your jackshaft reductions. Looks like you are quite the motorized bicycle engineer. Glad you joined us....................