Here's a Pic of my bike

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
That's beautiful. Welcome from me to the forum. With a bike that looks like that I can see if your single you won't be for long. lol Beware of ladies with tow behind trailers! (c)

Sassifrasstea

Jul 19, 2008
Eastern Oklahoma
The motor fit quite well without any adaptations. However, the air filter is too close to the frame. Not sure how to get to it without taking off the carburetor. No big deal, I guess. Live and learn. By the way, does it make a difference that the fuel line and filter are hanging below the carburetor?

The seat is a well padded "Bell" seat from Walmart. It comes with the blinking tail light.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
The fuel filter thing. I am going to say yes, it does. Here is why. Since the motor gets ALL of it's lubrication from the fuel the lower the fuel in the tank the harder it is for gravity to refill the carb bowl. If you run out of fuel going down hill and don't know it you can damage the piston rings and cilinder walls
very quickly. It takes only seconds to do this. I would find a way to get that fuel line above the carb. Later Tramp (c)

billintexas

Aug 2, 2008
Central Texas
Great ride there.Good job all around. As for the fuel line to bowel. I think Boils law of liquids in 2 vessels aaplies here. In other words the liquid ie fuel will seek equal level from the tank to a second vessel ie the cab. Now the carb being lower will never get equal.just unplug the line from the carb and watch the fuel pour out.Even though the line goes below the carb it still rises due to the gravitational force from tank.An boils law says it will continue to pour until the line is brought level to the tank fuel level. Then it will stop .So in short this guy boil not knowing about what we intended to do with the common bike which he didnt know about either ,had some clue as to gravity.