helping getting my 49cc china to run

GoldenMotor.com

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
Hi,
Ihave no idea how to get this thing running right. It has white smoke coming out of the exhaust and it wont idle at all, I gave it give it a lot of gas to keep it going

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Is your carb needle clip set at the second notch from the top?
Also, use the screw on the side of the carb to raise the idle speed, it's not a mixture screw despite what the directions may state.

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
check the color of the spark plug. If it is oily black you have too much oil in the mix. Sounds like you do being as you say you have white smoke. You should have some but not excessive. :bike2:

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
I just adjusted the idle valve. but it is running good but it feels like its lacking power. small hills i have to pedal on... it has a 44t, i thought this thing would be a rocket. how do you adjust the needle clip ?

jerseykat1

sounds like your running lean. silicon your carb onto the manifold, and make sure that you have the throttle cable cap that screws on the top of your carb tightened down completely (i am not talking about the cable adjuster but the part the adjuster screws into). make sure your plug gap is reasonable as well.

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
silicon sealant? get it from autozone? Ill check the throttle cable cap. what should the gap be ?

jerseykat1

.020-.025" seems to work best. autozone yes. black RTV silicon sealant, yes. also make sure your spark plug isnt broken inside electrobe broken. pull it out and shake it in a quiet room if you hear a noise or feel movement other than the metal washer that's on it. throw it away and get a new one. search the forums for a spark plug part number.

search the forums for carb installation it shows you how to seal it properly.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
White exhaust is normal at first (Not a lot!) and adjusting length of throttle cable by adjusting ends will be the easiest idle fix. wait to fine tune. Small changes at first are easiest to fix. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
should i try to mess with the needle clip? its running decent now, just leaking alot, i still haven't sealed the carb, didnt have time to go to the auto store. It just feels like it doesnt have much power.

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
also what size studs are in the motor for the mounts. I need to get some better ones, and longer. how do i take the old studs out?

it is also leaking a lot of fuel how can i fix that.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thats a float bowl leak if it comes out the filter area youl have to adjust the float. studs are 6mm and are cheez steal replace with grade 8

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
Thats a float bowl leak if it comes out the filter area youl have to adjust the float. studs are 6mm and are cheez steal replace with grade 8
I think it might be coming from the fuel shut off valve. how tight should it be. should i replace it?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you think it's leaking from the petcock where it screws into the tank, just tighten it a little. You did install that red or green paper looking washer when you put it in the first time, right?

If it still leaks there, drain your tank, clean all the crud out of it while you are at it, and take the petcock out. Wrap the threads in teflon tape (available at walmart/kmart/home dept/ect.) and put it back in.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, it won't have a lot of power until it's broken in. I would ride it awhile after you fix the gas leak, and then take out the plug and have a look at it to determine the state of tune.

nadroj

Oct 1, 2008
ok so i got the fuel leak fixed, but i lost my gas can top lol, it just flew off when i was riding. where can i get a replacement. I rode it to class and got fuel all over me. While i was in class the teacher stopped the class and asked if any one else smelt gas lol.