Help

GoldenMotor.com

Mrgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Yes I have a bike kit on my bike, now when I start out I have trouble keeping the gas going from tank to carburetor, it runs good, then starts to choke and eventually dies and I look and the gas line is empty, I have to open the gas lid off and flick the gas line by the carb. What would cause this and how can I fix it? Oh ya my gas flow looks very small and slow flow from tank.

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The vent in the tank cap is blocked of not there, you may have to add a very small hole in the center of the cap.

Mrgreen

Aug 5, 2020
The vent in the tank cap is blocked of not there, you may have to add a very small hole in the center of the cap.
Ya there is no hole in the gas cap. I have same set up on my bike.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Take the cap off and run without see what happens, if it still does it got to be something else..............Curt

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You need to remove the filter inside tank on the shut off and add a inline filter, the in tank filter is very low quality.

Mrgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Take the cap off and run without see what happens, if it still does it got to be something else..............Curt
When I remove the cap it flows better, would that still be the filter? I just dont think I can drill threw it, look at the picture. All suggestions help. I removed the tank and carb. I didn't think to check the new tank filter though.

Attachments

Mrgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Nice. I'm gonna check the new tanks filter that I put, cause I checked the old tanks filter after I took it off and it was clogged. I'll check the new one, maybe take it off and put on the line filter. If that dont work I need to find a lid with a hole. My kid is too thick. I just dont know where I can get a cap like that? What type of tank cap u have, no troubles?

Attachments